After much research of the Maldives in the lead up to our wedding, my wife & I decided to go to Meeru for our Honeymoon - and it exceeded all of our expectations!!
Upon arrival to the island, we were upgraded to 1 of 2 honeymoon suites for our first night. This included being taken approx. 100 metres by boat across to the suite - which added to the already amazing experience. The highlight of the honeymoon suite was the jacuzzi overlooking the clear blue water & sky.
Following the first night, we were moved to the jacuzzi water villa that we had originally booked - and it was amazing too!
The food was the best we have ever experienced!! We chose the "full board" option as we knew we wouldn't drink $700 worth of drinks. This meant that we indulged in 3 buffet's a day - breakfast, lunch & dinner of any and every type of food you can think of! The staff were friendly & welcoming, and the food was of the highest quality - I miss it already!! The chef's would mingle with guests during meal times, and we were even able to get the recipe for our favourite dessert from one of them!
The drinks on the island are rather expensive, but we still didn't spend as much as it would cost to do the "all inclusive" option.
Our favourite aspects on the island, aside from the food at Maalan Restaurant, was the pool next to the Hot Rock Bar & snorkeling around the water villas where we saw all types of fish.
Everything about the island made for the perfect honeymoon for us - we were even able to dance at the glow party, and I played football in the guests vs staff match - both memorable and fun!
Whilst our time on the island felt like a dream, the boat trip back to Male aiport felt like a nightmare! A storm swept through on the last few days we were there, and whilst they cancelled boat cruises on our day of departure, for some reason we still had to get a boat back to Male in the evening. We were thrown around in the boat for 1hour 20mins in the worst boating conditions we've ever seen - the departure time should have changed to the morning when it was flatter and less windy!!
Aside from the boat trip back to the airport, our experience on Meeru Island was amazing! The staff made us feel welcome, the food was delicious & the setting was better than you see on the postcards and travel shows!!
We would recommend Meeru to honeymooners, and anyone looking for a memorable and relaxing time away...it was honestly like a dream!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male' Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 90 acres. Your speedboat transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island