It was a good few years ago (in the month of January) that I stayed at Meeru for 2 weeks (BEFORE I had my kids), and they were the best 2 weeks of my life! It is EXACTLY how it looks in the brochures and peoples photos. After arriving at Male airport we took a boat ride to Meeru and when the boat pulled in, we couldn't believe our eyes. Absolutely beautiful! Soft white sand & crystal clear (extremely warm) sea in every different shade of blue.
If you're looking for paradise this is it! It's no good for people who want lots to do, this is a completely relaxing and unwinding holiday for beach lovers. The wildlife is beautiful too, plenty of fish to keep you company while snorkelling and the most adorable fruit bats (which look like foxes with wings).
The food was delicious, service was amazing, drinks scrummy.
We went on a couple of trips to see some other islands and we went on a sea plane which was just amazing.
I so want to go back one day..............................
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male’ Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 90 acres. Your speedboat transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island