There is no word to describe this holiday. It was simply out of this world. It was our first time to Maldives and we were there from 20th-27th Oct and later regretted that should have come for two weeks! We had booked Jacuzzi beach villa but on arrival were upgraded to the jacuzzi water villa for two nights. What an experience and I know for sure next time will always go for jacuzzi water villas. Also, we were on inclusive package and glad we had it as majority of the drinks (alcoholic & non-alcoholic) drinks were included and also use of kayaking, golf course etc. Snorkelling was amazing and we saw many beautiful corals and fishes just whilst snorkelling in the beach. With $6 price, they took us to the in-house reef point on a boat and what a beautiful marine life it had! Every night they have some entertainment in the bar such as crab racing, Maldivian folk dance, DJ night, live band music etc. There is a tailor also and he stitched two wonderful dresses for me for $29 each. There is a small shop and you can get anything you would ideally need for a beach holiday! The food was absolutely brilliant and waiters were friendly. Nobody expects a tip but I suggest tipping your waiter (you will have the same waiter for the length of your stay) and your room boy. We tipped $20 each. If you are not travelling with children, then I suggest opt for the northern side of the beach as you will then be given the Mallan restuarant which is adult only and is much much nicer than the other one. It is just by the beach ;) Asian Wok is a must to go as the food is amazing and it is a good experience dining in the water restaurant. It is not very pricey either. We went for spa treatment too but weren't impressed by the massage. But again a good experience. We wish we could go back every year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male' Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 90 acres. Your speedboat transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island