“worth it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 North Attleboro

Super 8 North Attleboro
You added Super 8 North Attleboro to your Saves list
Super 8 North Attleboro
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   787 S. Washington, I-295 Exit 1B, North Attleboro, MA 08235   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in North Attleboro
Fresno, California
“worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

We stayed here 5 nights on a trip to the east coast to visit family nearby. It's definitely not luxury living, but the rate was the best we could find in the area by far (especially for staying 5 nights, the closest rate I could find was $25/nt more and up from there so our savings was significant) , and it completely suited our needs. There was a slight mixup in that I accidentally marked "smoking" room when I booked online and when we arrived at almost midnight on a Friday (on a Patriots home game weekend) they said they were booked solid and couldn't move us yet, they were finally able to move us to non-smoking that Sunday after the weekend rush. But that was my fault and they were reasonably accomodating.
They guy told us at check-in about the breakfast, which we never actually made it to because we assumed it was just coffee and stale muffins judging by the size of their lobby. But on checkout I saw they had a whole cereal bar setup, doughnuts, juices, muffins, etc. It was more than we expected and we wished we had actually checked it out, so just a heads up. It's not a whole bacon & eggs deal, but if you got kids or just want to save a little money it's worth it.
We did have the problem with the air conditioner, it blows RIGHT on your face in bed and it wasn't comfortable with it completely turned off, we did go through several overnight adjustments and still never quite found it right. But really, we just needed a bed. Left early every morning and came home late evenings so I can deal with crappy AC (at least it worked) rather than pay a couple hundred extra, over the 5 days, for a place I only slept in. But our rooms were also on the right of the complex, after you turn into the parking lot, and I have no idea where this dog kennel was. The bed was kind of small and so were the rooms, but again that's something we could deal with and if you can't you should go somewhere else.
All in all I would recommend this place if you have similar needs. If you have the extra cash to blow, or intend to spend more time in your room than maybe it's not for you. My parents paid twice what we did to stay in the Holiday Inn Express in Mansfield and had a terrible experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bar Harbor, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

For what I paid for the room for the night, it was well worth it. The A/C worked great, nice clean towels and the front desk people were nice. I would stay here again if I was coming to that area again.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

On the plus side, the rate was great and it was right where I needed to stay.

On the minus side, I needed to get a few hours sleep on arrival, mid-afternoon. Unfortunately my room (on the right as you drive in) was immediately adjacent to a dog kennel. Yes, it's right next door. Every once in a while something would set all the dogs off and they'd all howl and yap at once. Sounded like dozens of them. I guess I could have asked to be moved to the other end of the premises. Anyhow, no sleep for me that afternoon. Even with my earplugs on (never leave home without 'em) it was too distracting.

Also the air conditioning unit blew right on my head and was very loud. I wasn't able to adjust it to my liking.

On the plus side once more, the dogs didn't bark at night.

• Liked — Price, location
  • Disliked — Dogs, dirty-looking sheets
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

This is absolutely my worse hotel experience ever. While I know this is a budget hotel, I accept the fact that you get what you paid for.
However, I did not expect unwashed sheets.

Unfortunately, I checked into the hotel late in the evening, and was too tired to look for an alternative. When I pulled the covers off the bed, I noticed dried excrement on the bed sheet! In addition, the bed was filled with pubic hairs! I counted at least 10 of them. I immediately went to the front desk and asked the attendant for new sheets and for him to come take a look at the bed. Again, I had a lot of equipment, and I was not in a position to change rooms (too tired and had several hundred pounds of equip.).

Consequently, he gave me new sheets, and he refused to come. He said that I would have to take it up with the morning attendant.
In the morning, I went to the front desk. A middle aged Russian Lady stood there with her arms folded. It was like she was waiting for me. I told her what happened, she acknowledge the night attendant making note of it. I simply asked for a discount, to make things right. Her remark....."you should have changed rooms, and how do I know you are telling the truth?!?!?!"

In conclusion, she did not make things right. Instead, the combination of her poor attitude, and the human waste/pubic hair on the bed, makes this hotel the bottom of my list. I should have listen to my family and friends, who told me to spend more, and get a clean bed.

For your own good, avoid this hotel like the plague! I'm shocked the Dept. of Health have not closed this place down.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — I hated everything.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Frankfurt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

I have stayed at this Hotel a few times and just love it! The location is perfect, you have a big mall on the same street about a mile away. Also many department stores and Restaurants. Applebees, Subway and a movie cinema you can even walk to! Rooms are simple but have everything you need and are very cleen. Staff always has been very helpful and friendly, esp. Marianna! You cant find a better deal in the area. I will be coming back.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

I stayed for 3nights at this motel, chosing it over Holiday Inn Express nearby. Room was very small, but clean. TV was out of focus. With the A/C on, fan only, it blew directly onto my face--was not able to adjust it, so opted for no air at all. This meant the room got very stuffy.
Altho the bathroom was in working order, it needed alot of something cosmetically. Painters tape still on the 4 sides of mirror, mold all along the floor where it meets the tub/shower. Some of the wall molding had disintergrated and was missing.

Worse aspect was no sound proofing, so for 2 nights loud TV blared on one wall or the other. Don't people sleep at night?

Breakfast was adequate, but unhealthy by modern standards: donuts, white bagels, cocoa puffs, and coffee/juice. Just carbs and sugar.

The people manning the front desk were very cordial and helpful. They were a plus. I cannot recommend this place, but cannot tell you what is better locally. The Holiday Inn where I stayed last visit was not very good either.

• Liked — convenient location
  • Disliked — poor upkeep, things not in working order
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2007

The Super 8 was a fine place to stay for 1 night. The woman at the front desk was very nice and let me check in at 11AM in the morning and I got the room type that I had requested. The motel is a 2-story (no elevator-stairs only) horseshoe-shaped building with parking spaces in the middle and some near the rooms, too.

The room was fairly small but very clean. The TV worked & had lots of channels, the shower had plenty of hot water and pressure and the AC unit worked just fine. The bathroom seemed a little worn with a chip on the edge of the vanity, but it didn't bother me! There is not much space on the bathroom vanity for toiletries, but the top of the toilet tank and the window ledge gave me more space.

My only complaint is with their practically non-existent breakfast. Poor tasting coffee, 2 choices of cereal, some donuts, a juice machine and plain packaged bagels. I was not impressed with the breakfast offerings so I ate elsewhere.

The hotel is very easy to get to off of I-295 and only 15 minutes to Twin River casino.

I would definitely stay here for 1 night again if I was in the area and needed an inexpensive place to sleep. On a Saturday night in October I paid an AAA rate of $66. Can't beat that!

• Liked — clean, easy to get to and a great price
  • Disliked — the breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Super 8 North Attleboro? Share your experiences!