“Great hibachi” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Great hibachi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We have been twice now for hibachi with the kids and we love it! They do a great entertaining everyone and the food always taste fantastic!the hibachi room is set back in the restaurant and i love that its sectioned off for privacy! Great family friendly hibachi room :)

Watertown, Connecticut
“Excellent Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I've had lunch here twice and it is becoming a go to destination for sushi. I haven't tried the hibachi and other menu items but the sushi is up there with the better sushi places I've experienced in the US. We've eaten at the sushi bar both times and the lunch hour is not very busy for some reason. We are well taken care of, service is friendly and relaxed with good humor and great sushi. Both times we've eaten way too much but the great flavors and fresh fish is well worth the overindulgence. Prices are fairly typical for good sushi, not cheap but not regrettable. The atmosphere is simple, modern Japanese look, very clean and relaxing. I will be back anytime I want sushi in this area. Nice folks too. There's also a bar for drinks. Plenty of parking. Not far from routes 495 & 93.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Andover, Massachusetts
“A break from Hibachi grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Wife and I took a break from the live entertainment and grill tonight (all the action). Sat at a small table up front and enjoyed the Celtic Roll (specialty roll). Got to love the combo of steamed lobster, avocado, cucumber with fresh mango on top. Just to have something warm, I got a side of fried rice.

Only suggestion I see needed is taking beer from the décor and placing it on tap.

Visited April 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Reasonable Japanese”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had salmon teriyaki. It was a good size portion with miso soup and salad. Good value. Would eat here again.

Visited March 2014
Boxford, MA
“Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Thyme is a smaller restaurant located in a small mall that we happened upon while searching for an alternative restaurant since the one we were targeting was closed that night. Thyme is Japanese-themed, with an excellent Sushi bar. We found several meals over the past year that keep us coming back. Mine is Vegetable Tempura - it just hits the spot for me.

The workers at the Sushi bar are performers and work hard to produce some amazing trays of fresh seafood, sometimes arranged in the form of sailing ships for the larger plates.

There is an hibachi grill area in the rear of the restaurant that is alive with flames, knives, and screaming (but pleased) diners. Our hibachi meal was prepared by another performer, who sliced and tossed everything with great flair while bantering about whatever funny stories popped up between our oohs and aahs. At one point he took a squeeze bottle of wine that he used for cooking and asked me if I'd like a taste. I opened my mouth and he squirted it directly in, and almost never stopped. The large onion for my meal was sliced and somehow tossed to form a volcano shape into which he squirted the wine to effect volcanic flames coming out the center. The meals were excellent and the memories solid. We keep going back.

Visited February 2014