“Indian Food in Andover” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Milford Square
“Indian Food in Andover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Bollywood Grill is my stop for Indian Food in Andover. I have pretty much eaten there on every business trip to this small New England town near Boston. The food has always been above average, and the service is very good even with large groups. My only criticism is that I liked it much better in the past when they had a primarily Nepalese waitstaff. I've never had an issue, but the Nepalese seemed to be more personable. Bollywood has good Naan breads, and very good Buriyani dishes.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Andover, Massachusetts
“Great choice for Indian food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been here probably 6 times over the last few years. My favorite Indian restaurant is about 30 miles away in Waltham (Little India), but my experiences here have been positive, varying from good to fantastic. A think this variation may not be due to the restaurant but rather me trying various dishes I wasn't familiar with, some more to my liking than others. My last visit was a couple weeks ago with some friends and I found this my best experience yet. We tried a number of dishes that we shared among the four of us and everyone loved the food. I also found the wait staff very good; I had them recommend a good wine to pair with the food, and found it spot-on. If you're in the Andover area and looking for quality Indian food, give Bollywood a try!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gurgaon, India
“Excellent Indian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had a good experience here. Convenient location not tough to found and ample parking space in front of the restaurant. They used to run Hindi movie channel on their TV which is good to create atmosphere. Must try sag chicken.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Andover, Massachusetts
“Excellent Indian Buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We go here rather frequently because we love their buffet (mostly because I don't know Indian food well enough to order off a menu). You can try a little of everything, then go back for seconds of your favorites. In response to some reviewers' comments about slow service: you might need to let them know what you want (rather than waiting for them to ask you). I think it's a cultural thing. Whenever we've spoken up & asked for something, their servers have responded promptly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Quirky Decor and Very Spicy Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The inside of Bollywood Grill surprised me. I'd seen it for years, but never gone in, and I thought it was more of a buffet place so I was pleasantly surprised to see the cool decor and huge menu in a sit down environment. My main complaint was the slowness of everything involved in eating there. My friend and I, along with someone who came in after us, stood around waiting to be seated for over five minutes. We saw multiple staff members standing around and chatting, and looking right at us, but no one came over to help. We were just about to leave when a man came over to seat us. I loved the booths and the television playing Indian pop hits. Great atmosphere. The menu was huge. The food take awhile to come out, and then we were less than impressed. The bread looked like it sat under a heating light all done. I'm used to really rich and delicious bread from the place I usually eat at closer to home. My food was super spicy. My friend's was so spicy that his face turned bright red- but, the waitress had at least given him a heads up before he ordered. Nothing was said to me, and I wish they had mentioned how spicy it would be. I ended up mixing it with some yogurt sauce and some of my friend's plain white rice and only then could I eat it. I also found it interesting that they make wedding cakes. They had a nice display and it looked like the cakes in their display were delicious. We really didn't have time to order dessert though as our entire experience had taken so long already. Even paying took over ten minutes between giving the waitress our card and getting it back! I probably wouldn't go back mostly because the place I go to near home is just so much better. I wouldn't say not to try the place though, especially if you have time and love spicy Indian.

• Visited July 2012