“Meal not Satisfying” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 69 restaurants in North Andover
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fine italian dining, full bar, romantic atmosphere, live music on weekends, take out available for lunch and dinner, extensive wine and martini selection, reservations accepted.
North Andover, Massachusetts
“Meal not Satisfying”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We came for lunch. It was our first visit to Buono Bistro. The restaurant was not busy, but the service was slow. The bread was delicious when it finally arrived. I had the mussels and calamari and my wife had veal Marsala. My meal was delicious and filling and my wife's meal seemed to be lacking any veal and had only a small portion of pasta. I know it was lunch, but it wasn't filling.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
massachusetts
“We had the groupon coupon and YES .. would go back!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We just came back from Buono Bistro and my wife and I .... would go back.... of course we went around 4:30.... we were the only one in restaurant....(but they do get busier later in the evening the waiter(Billy) said)... okay.... we started with the Shrimp Grand Mariner---it was very good...with ample sauce on the plate.... and it was very good.... My wife had the seafood casserole ----it looked good when served and she said it was delicious.... Well... I like the rack of lamb... and yes ..I ordered it... rare... I could not believe .. they actually had 3 separate racks which was cut into 9 chops.... with the bone on them... and it was done EXCELLENT----it was cooked rare and tasted very very good.... oh .. yeah .. for $3.00 had the Ceasar salad... it was very good.. overall ... we both enjoyed our dinner..... and YES we would go back.....

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Methuen, Massachusetts
“Great Food, Service Not So Quick....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Had a coupon and the online lunch menu looked great so we decided to try it out after hearing great things. With a nice variety to choose from, a couple of us had the penninis and another opted for the Chicken Marsala and another, the mussels and calimari. With only a few tables filled, it seemed ages before our salads/soup came out. The waiter was very cordial and friendly but it was another half hour before the entrees made it to the table. When asked why the delay, the answer was that there was only one chef on for lunch. I would say it was borderline that the wait was due to the preparation of the lunches but will give them the benefit of a doubt since the food was very well prepared and delicious. If you aren't in a rush, this is a very elegant and upscale dining experience for a very modest price. And if this hadn't been a business lunch, I would have liked to have tried the Red Guitar Sangria that was advertised. Did I mention that they have gluten free pasta? Worth the wait...if you can afford the time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
mass
“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been here twice now and the food was excellent both times. Bread is good, house salad is good and shrimp scampi is perfect (not too buttery or garlicky, lots of flavor). My husband loves the veal. Service can be a little hit or miss but the food comes out fast.

Last time I was here, our server made an excellent cocktail recommendation that was not on the menu: the Peacock's tail (gin, St Germaine, mint, etc.). Lovely. My only complaint is the price: we had a $50 groupon and still ended up paying almost $100 for two, including tip (2 drinks each). I'd expect these prices in Boston, but this place is in a shopping center by the railroad tracks. Other than that, it's a great place for a bite! Another plus is that they did not give me an attitude about the groupon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chelmsford, MA
“Poor service, food was so so”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The waitress was horrible. We waited 10 minutes before the waitress even came to our table. When our dinner was served we were offered cheese which never came and the next time we saw our waitress was to deliver our check. She didn't ask how our dinner was or if we wanted dessert. The food was sub-par. Save your money and time and go elsewhere.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere