“Bums Rush!” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 45 restaurants in North Adams
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bistro, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Founded in 2011, PUBLIC serves casual, inventive American food with an emphasis on freshness, flavor, and in-house preparation. The restaurant offers an extensive, rotating craft beer program with 11 taps and over a dozen additional selections in bottles, along with a carefully curated wine list and inventive cocktail offerings. Lunch and dinner are served daily from 11:30AM. The bar is open until midnight or later.
North Adams, Massachusetts
“Bums Rush!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Was recently there for a celebration of about 30 people. The food was less then stellar and we were receiving the bums rush out of there as the wait staff cleaned up around us, packaged up our Buffett food without asking and threw away our drinks. On top of that, we were charged way more than the agreed upon amount for the event. Just found out they lost their two best chefs. Would hate to see the place tank, but they better figure something out. Wouldn't go back again with a group. Big bummer.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Adams, Massachusetts
“Best restaurant around ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

You know a place is good when you get tired of going there and saying its the best meal you've ever had. That's basically every time I stop in Public. The food is stellar, beer list extensive to the season, and cocktail menu is always changing with great drinks. I typically stay with a meal I know I love but every time I go I try a new item and end up saying its my new favorite. The atmosphere is casual with a edge and the staff is great. If your in the area this should be a no brainer when it comes to a place to eat !!!!

Rosemead, California
“Great food, great service, an all around treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I had a wonderful meal here with my sister. We didn't have a reservation but the host offered to call us when our table was ready so we could explore North Adams. Once we were seated, we were treated to a wonderful meal. They have great vegetarian options as well as twists on comfort classics. I'll be coming back next time I'm in town.

Visited September 2013
estados unidos
“Maybe they should be an ad agency instead?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The beer, wine and cocktail list is large and extensive and seems to be the feature here, the food is maybe overly ambitious. The burger was on a bun so well toasted it was hard to bite or cut. The falafel was tasty and had chunks of chick peas, a good sign it was made on premises and was not from a mix. The fries were as good as any I've had. I'm still wondering why a cup of coffee should cost $3.50? And if that's the reason there are no non alcoholic drinks listed on the menu. I suppose if you have to ask the price you really can't afford it.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food/drink at Public”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Excellent restaurant close to North Adams accommodations/attractions. The food was delicious, fresh, and well-prepared and there was a great selection of craft beers, wine, and cocktails. The atmosphere is open, spacious, and comfortable. Highly recommend if you're in the area.

Visited November 2013