“Perfect for what I needed” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Newton
“Perfect for what I needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel for a business trip. Rooms were clean and modern and plenty of space for all your clothes, etc. Safe in room which is obviously imperative. Great restaurant downstairs which was key, since I was traveling alone (though a more casual option would have been nice as well). Free computer use in business center was a great feature.
2 complaints -1) when I got there my room phone wasn't working which is of course a hassle, but it was fixed quickly 2) walls are paper thin - I could hear the convos next door like we were all in bed together.

Overall would definitely recommend !

• Stayed March 2013
GeneralManager21, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Jen0510,

Appreciate the "4"star review and thanks for your feedback. We have had several issues with our guest room phones and new ones are on order. Will be here in Mid-April. Glad you enjoyed your stay and all was satisfactory. Hope to see you back on your next business trip. Pool might even be ready for the season:)

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Peron, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed for 5 days with my wife in February, Cold weather outside but wilh a warm welcome. The hotel had previously been a rather dull Holiday Inn but has been done up with boutique style service.
Excellent breakfast with good choices on the menu. The restaurant is very good though quite expensive.
The hotel is out of town but was close to the T public transit service, But if you have a car the hotel is close to both the Mass Turnpike and Route 128.
The charges are fair for the comfort and the good service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager21, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
lainGs...

Awesome 5 stars! Glad you liked our boutique hotel experience. Thanks for the great feedback. I will share with our team! Come back soon!

Biddeford, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I wish you could do half ratings as they are really a 3.5 in my book.

Recently stayed at the Indigo for a couple of nights while in the area for business. It is a really cool retro facility with nice albeit ultra small rooms. Having hardwood floors was a nice touch and this was the only hotel I have stayed at with such a feature. Certainly keeps the dust down which was nice. The room was very clean upon my arrival. The bathrooms were almost as big as the room.

Service was okay at the front desk even though they never really explained anything about the hotel like where the fitness center was or how to get around at the hotel. Housekeeping was lousy. Never received any service in my room for either night. It was almost like they had no clue I was even staying there.

I would probably stay there again next time I am in the area as the restaurant and bar, Bokx109 which I will review separately was quite a lively hangout spot with great food and service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager21, Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Kgosselin.....

Glad you enjoyed your experience in our great restaurant...and at the same time I wish to apologize for the lack of housekeeping service while you were with us. I will get with my Executive Housekeeper and figure that one out. Glad the room was clean and thanks for bringing this matter to my attention.

Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip and as it was my first time in Boston, I wanted to see something of the city, too. Unfortunately this hotel is pretty far out in the middle of nowhere, not even shops around, but at least the T.
What was a bit odd, was that when I arrived there was a massive pool party going on in the hotel, with a DJ and crazy loud music. So when I was just planning on going for a swim, I was in the middle of a party. Which could have been cool, if I had some friends with me, but just arriving rather jet lagged, it was a bit awkward.
But the restaurant, which is part of the hotel was fantastic! Really good breakfast. But I didn't like that some things, like the fruit salade, you had to buy in a take-away box. Which felt like an unnecessary waste of plastic when I just want to eat it right there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
SimoneWitt..

Appreicate the feedback and thanks for the 5 stars on cleanliness and service! Also glad you enjoyed our award winnng restaurant!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Really nice, clean and great location next to Subway Station down the street for easy commute to Boston. Breakfast was amazing!!! Classy rooms and great Service. Newton area has a great resturant to visit, Bocca Bella - Hidden Italian Resturant...excellent to visit!!!!

Room Tip: Great value and classy room's. Breakfast kitchen was fabulous.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager21, Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
thechoj...

Outstanding! Psyched! Thanks for the "5" star review. We recently made some changes to our breakfast menu's....looks like they are working out pretty well! Glad you like the location and ease of getting into Boston. I will pass your comment on to the owner of Bocca Bella as well! Come back soon.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The room was great, and they brought a really nice crib for my baby. It is also a very clean room. The problem was that the phone in the room was broken - impossible to call the reception, When my 4:45 am taxi arrived the hotel sent them away saying they did not know whether i am staying in a hotel or not. To be honest, quite annoying, given that I had to wake up the baby to make that taxi!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager21, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
AnnaSchter...

Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for the 5 stars on Cleanliness and Room Design. My apologies that the phone did not work. We have purchased all new phones. We found that the batteries in the cordless phones just don't hold a charge long enough and if the handset is not properly set in the cradle they go dead quickly. We will resolve. Thanks for mentioning. Sorry about the taxi, Do not understand that one. I will investigate. Take care and hope to see you again.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Pros: good business center, nice lobby, good bar, good wifi, in-room coffee (Green Mountain)

Cons: restaurant prices/value, location (nothing around if you don't have a car), very small rooms ergonomically poor (e.g. in order to get the ironing board out I had to remove the side table from the bed, move the lamp then remove the hangers to get it out), mess up on billing (it was directly billed from the nearby college and paid for but the front desk guy wouldn't acknowledge this). I usually get a newspaper at the door but neither morning did I get one. Rooms are very overpriced but I wasn't paying so it wasn't as much of an issue.

No housekeeping the second day.

The restaurant on the first night had a jazz band playing and the place was packed.

Room Tip: No comments. I was on the third floor and there were no issues in terms of sleeping.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager21, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
wandering the world....

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like you had a good stay, but we didn't wow you. We will try harder! Thanks again.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside? Share your experiences!