“A cute boutique hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Newton
boston
“A cute boutique hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel, tucked away just outside of Boston in Newton, MA is such a delightful little find. The rooms are well appointed and have a sexy darkness to them with a modern appeal. Parking is free and there is a lively pool scene in the summer time. The staff was also very helpful and attentive which is what makes a boutique experience so different than your typical large scale chain hotel. The hotel allows easy access to I-95/128 and of course Newton is a quick drive or train ride into Boston.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager21, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
meleetyme....

Thank you! What a great review. Glad we were able to provide the great respite for you! Thanks for the kind words about our great staff! I will share with them.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here on business for three nights while commuting daily to Boston. As mentioned by others, the hotel has been completely refreshed since changing companies, and the decor is hip and inviting. My room was great, well appointed, bed very comfortable, and shower/water pressure very satisfying. Everything was clean as a whistle. The front desk staff was friendly and check-in was simple and fast. The bar/restaurant was gorgeous and service was excellent. I only ate breakfast here, but the food was great and service fast. Even the coffee was excellent, which is tough to find in a hotel. I returned for drinks late and found the evening bar staff equally friendly and accommodating, though I wish it were open later. The hotel is conveniently right off the I-90/95 interchange, though road noise was not at all noticable. The T is also located right next door.

Overall, my stay was comfortable and relaxing, which was what I needed after a long day in Boston. Be warned that Newton absolutely shuts down at night, so if you arrive late don't expect to find an open grocery store, mall, bar, restaurant, or even a donut shop anywhere close to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManager21, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
DoubleBock....

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for taking the time to sing our praises! I will share your comments with our team members and I am sure your review will put a smile on their faces. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and we hope to see you back at Hotel Indgo Newton very soon!

Best Regards,
Brooklyn, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Formally a Holiday Inn, they have done a great job on the decor, intimate with a classy hipness to it. Colors like orange and blue greet you in the lobby, with modern furniture. The rooms have ample space and free wifi in your room add to the attractiveness of your surroundings. Now the check in staff were efficient and pleasant, but it ends there. The staff in the restaurant and bar were positively rude. They had a wonderful jazz band in the bar, and I thought after a day of business meetings, how great to unwind, listening to music. I sat at the bar for over twenty minutes before anyone acknowledged me and then not even a hello. Just a rude toss of the napkin at me. The restaurant staff just always seemed that they couldn't get rid of you fast enough. I'd stay at an Indigo again because not all staff is alike. I believe a course is customer service is due.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner roon, more spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManager21, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
didibroklyn.....

Appreciate the feedback and I am glad you like our modern decor in the guestrooms. My apologies regarding your poor experience with the bartender in our restaurant. I will share your remarks with our Restaurant GM and will will coach our bar staff. Thanks for letting us know.

East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The Hotel Indigo Newton from the outside appears to be your ordinary chain hotel, but once you park and step inside you will see it is every extraordinary. The clean, extra modern decor begins in the lobby. We were checked in very quickly by a friendly and efficient front desk clerk named Mark, who gave us all the necessary information on the area, what was fun to do and how to get to downtown Boston cheap. Kudos to him he really set up the beginning of our stay for us.

We stayed in one of the suite(ish) rooms at the end of the hall on the fifth floor. Our room was very modern and beautifully well decorated. Although not that big it was nice. The flooring was laminate wood, and the room and bathroom very clean, no dust bunnies hiding around our room. The bathroom had a spa feel starting with the Aveda shower products and had an open glass shower, high end looking sink and vanity. Cool part about this was the rock design in the bathroom sort of built into the room. The bed was very comfortable with first class bedding and sheets. We had a fold out sofa in the sitting area. The room had a nice large flat screen TV. My husband kept asking me are you sure we only paid $119.00 for this room.
We ate dinner that night at the hotel restaurant, BOKX 109, my applause goes to Chef Stephen Coethe food was delicious and service was very good there as well.

Check out was another delight Ketsy greeted us with a warm smile and great attitude at 7am.The Hotel Indigo does not have all the trappings of the large chain hotels, but I found everything satisfying This will always be our first choice for a hotel in the Boston area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManager21, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
OmarJ...

Thanks for the great comments and review on the Hotel. I especially appreciate the "call-out" and mention of the great service by some of our staff members - Mark and Ketsy. I appreciate your kind remarks and will share them with the team. Chef Coe is a great Culinarian who is going to take our already great award winning BOKX 109 restaurant to even greater heights!!

Thanks again for the 5 star reveiw

Elmira, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My high school daughter and I stayed here as we visited several colleges in Boston over a recent weekend. I chose Hotel Indigo for the location and parking (ie, I didn't need to drive all the way into Boston, could park the car for a reasonable rate, and the T stop couldn't be more conveniently located), but it wasn't my first choice. I usually try to find B&Bs on this kind of trip because the owners seem to have lots of helpful info about the schools, their neighborhoods, transportation, etc, but alas -- it was Parent Weekend at a number of Boston schools and the B&Bs I tried were booked.

Hotel Indigo was more expensive than I wanted but not out of line for a city hotel. We liked the room very much; it was clean and well appointed, and the compact size was fine for us. The breakfast situation was fine also, we were happy with oatmeal, muffins, fruit, yogurt, etc, and tho pricey it was still to be expected.

Our only complaints were about noise and Internet. I was kept half awake for about an hour late at night by what I groggily thought was people in the hall. I later realized they were people conversing in their own room, but it sounded much closer/clearer than that. We also were never able to connect to the free Internet, even tho we had no issues at a subsequent hotel on the same trip. We just made good use of Hotel Indigo's well supplied Business Center instead.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Scienceteech...

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel and I hope the search for a college for your daughter brings you to the Boston area! Appreciate the kind comments about the location and cleanlinees, and at the same time I want to apologize for the lack of internet while you were here. We offer complimentary internet, but if it doesn't work, I guess that's not really a freebie is it! We probably had a Wireless access point in the vicinity of your room that needed to be reset. Sorry bout that. Thanks for the feedback and again well wishes on your college search.

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We reserved (prepaid) their "most popular" package which included room, parking, breakfast and 2PM checkout. Checkout is normally an early 11AM. Check in was a little disorganized with our having to come back to the front desk to retrieve the breakfast coupon. The room was nicely appointed but cramped, especially the closet space. The "breakfast" is rather rinky dink, you order from what appears to be a place where you would get coffee and danish and they bring it to you in the restaurant. The food was average and the menu limited. My main complaint is that I heard slamming doors all morning (guests and housekeeping staff) and at a little before 11AM, housekeeping knocked on our door despite having a do not disturb sign out. We told them we were still in the room and about 5 minutes later, right at 11AM, the knock came again. This time, I told them we had a 2PM checkout and was told that the front desk had not notified them. We left very shortly after that since late check out is not worth anything if you can't sleep in or relax. I would not choose to return, but if I did, I would opt out of the "most popular" package because between a disappointing breakfast experience and the inability to be left alone until 2PM was not worth the extra money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
VickyE2006...

Appreciate the feedback and I will share your inconveniece regarding the housekeeping interuption with my Executive Housekeeper. You are right, you should be able to enjoy a "sleep-in" morning especially when you have your DND (do not disturb) sign in place. My sincere apologies, we will correct this right away. Thanks for sharing.

Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I get to the hotel to find out my reservation had been cancelled. I needed two beds in the room but hotel did not have any two bed rooms left. Had to call a friend who confirmed my reservation the day before and eventually the hotel gave me two rooms for the price of one. Hotel was clean and staff was nice. Elevators were slow and usually had to wait a while as maid staff and gear were on them.The room was nice but on the smaller side and the bathroom was nice but no room for supplies. Great location to get anywhere around Boston.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManager21, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
docpen....

Thanks for the feedback and glad we got your reservation squared away. Glad to hear you liked the location. I will share you comments with our team. Thanks for staying with us.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside? Share your experiences!