“Good business hotel for Newton” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Newton
London, United Kingdom
“Good business hotel for Newton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was on a business trip to Newton and booked this hotel as it was located near the offices I was visiting,

The good things about this hotel are;
1. It has good connectivity from the airport and took me 30mins to arrive, also has good bus connections to Boston Backbay.
2. The hotel staff are nice, polite and provided you the right information for the stay.
3. Rooms are cleaned on time

Hotel provides a breakfast buffet which is not too bad,
People have complained about the noise from the motorway but it dint bother me, maybe because I was on a higher floor,

Things to watch out for,
1. The blower in the room is pretty loud
2. The hotel also has a restaurant called Social but to be honest I found the places outside better
3. The wifi connection could be better

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor when checking in
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Turkish first
stamford, ct
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I can't believe I booked this hotel without checking reviews first. I came for a soccer tournament and the team was staying here but there were other options. I should have done my research but I was lazy this time. The hotel is literally built over the highway. It's as if the cars and trucks are driving through your room. I'm on the 8th floor and it's still awful. It's expensive and $28 to park and I feel like I might as well be staying at the airport with the noise. Also no fridge or safe in the room! What a joke!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed at this hotel just after having gotten off the airplane from our return flight from Italy. We had been up for close to 24 hours and needed to get a quick bite to eat and get some sleep before continuing the 3 hour drive home.

We arrived around 8:00 pm at night and they were still cleaning rooms. It seems that this hotel is frequented by flight crews and given late check out times. The hotel gave us $20 vouchers to use in the restaurant/bar. This was great because we were going to grab something to eat before turning in. The food was good and the front desk crew called me on my cell phone that our room was ready part way thru our meal.

The front desk crew was very pleasant, the room was comfortable and they gave us a voucher for the parking ramp. The only negative is that this hotel is literally built on to of I-90. There is constant traffic noise in the room so if you are a light sleeper, this may keep you awake.

Room Tip: High floor facing east offers a view of downtown Boston in the distance.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Matthew D, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear TravelingChefNewYork,

Thank you for staying with us and I am so glad that you enjoyed the stay. I'm sorry to hear that you had to wait for your room but I'm glad our front desk was able to make proper accommodations. I will be passing your feedback on to our General Manager. Once again I'd like to personally thank you for your business and for the much appreciated feedback.

Westampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have stayed here before,The hotel rooms are very nice and clean. A great price ,the food was ok. I would rather eat out side the hotel.Staff there are always nice.We were there for a graduation, anytime when there is something going on in Boston ,the hotel cost doubles.This place stayed the same each time there.I would recommend .

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear Debiduboux,

Thank you for staying with us and I am so glad that you enjoyed the stay. I'm glad that the hotel fits your needs so well. I will be passing your feedback about the food on to our General Manager. Once again I'd like to personally thank you for your business and for the much appreciated feedback.

Trier, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Room not ready upon arrival. Desk couldn't have cared less that we had to wait almost 45 minutes until they could clean a room. Reserved a queen bed but they only offered a twin double. They finally came up with a queen. Room did not have a fridge which we were notified would be an extra $15/day. Self parking is a ridiculous $28/day. Pathetic little coffee maker in the room. So much for a supposedly 4-star hotel!

Room Tip: Check other hotels
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear Stan N,

Thank you for staying with us and I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. I'm sorry to hear that you experienced a wait for your room and did not receive the room type requested. I will be passing your feedback on to our General Manager. Once again I'd like to personally thank you for your business and for the much appreciated feedback.

tiberias
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Perfect place outside of Boston but close to the city. Many restaurants around.
We had family living at walking distance from the hotel therefore the location was more than convenient.
There is a very nice restaurant inside the hotel with live music. Breakfast was good and cheap. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Matthew D, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Catherine H,

Thank you for staying with us and I am so glad that you enjoyed the stay. It was good to hear that our location matched your needs so well. I will be passing your feedback on to our General Manager. Once again I'd like to personally thank you for your business and for the much appreciated feedback.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel was great to stay in with the usual perks: updated interior, decent rooms, location quick service and the price. There are only 2 complaints that are really mind boggling.

1.Location of property - on top of highway overpass.

2. Employees at Breakfast Buffet - Just for management to be aware of. I usually do not provide advise to fellow hoteliers but you are being robbed blind and I do have some sympathy for you. I was only at the buffet for 25 minutes and could figure this out . Servers are not ringing in cash payments for guests. They either print a duplicate check (hint my check being over 1 hour old) and and give it to cash paying customers and then pocket the cash! OR use vouchers on cash slips and let voucher guests go in not rung in.

Note to future guests : Food Quality and Service Could be Better if Money could be reinvested into department. Please help out my fellow hotelier by charging to room or pay with Credit Card. Who knows the employees could be robbing us blind too - Just a thought!

Room Tip: Higher the Floor the Better
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Matthew D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear James H,

Thank you for staying with us and I'm sorry to hear you did not completely enjoy your stay. Thank you for the feedback about the employees at our breakfast buffet, this is obviously a situation we take very seriously and will be conducting a thorough internal investigation. If you would like to talk more about this particular situation. please contact us directly at 617-969-3010 if time allows. Once again I'd like to personally thank you for your business and for looking out for a fellow hotelier.

Sheila Hayden
Hotel General Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel? Share your experiences!