“Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Newton
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had great time at this hotel. Little outside the city center, but peaceful atmosphere, comfortable rooms and great service compensates for all. The staff at the reception (Jackie Ruiz) was very helpful in finding my way around the area and learning about places that I should not miss to see in the city as a tourist. If I visit the Boston again, I would love to stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Erseila, Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Good afternoon Anurag, Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize Jackie for her exceptional guest service! I have shared your comments with Jackie and our entire team. I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was great and can not wait to welcome you back to Boston!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Turkish first
Monmouth, ME
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

First of all, the hotel is right on top of the highway so it is noisy even n the highest floors. Blinds but no draperies so light gets in first thing in the morning. Difficult to access getting off the highway coming from the west - you can see it but not get to it! No shuttle to city center. No towel rack in bathroom. Breakfast was terrible - hard to ruin bacon and eggs but they tried. Only pluses were the extremely helpful and friendly staff. But on the whole I would stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon Chris, I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than perfect. I apologize that the noise from the highway was disruptive during your stay. I also apologize that the sun woke you up early and breakfast was not up to expectations. We appreciate your feedback and do have a few options to help our guests whom are bothered by the noise. I would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property and promise to do everything I can to ensure your stay with us is flawless. Please let me know if you might be interested in returning. Thanks for praising our friendly staff; we really do care about our guests and I am pleased that you felt welcomed.
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We booked a room for 7/18-7/20. We checked in on 7/19 around 3AM just to learned that the room we requested (two beds) actually weren't locked in, and there was no room available with two beds. Then they gave us a king bed with a futon. This part the guy at the front desk handled politely so we were upset but just accepted it and moved on.

7/20 morning around 7AM, the fire alarm went off. The pre-recorded announcement from the alarm kept telling us to STAY IN THE ROOM. With common sense, we knew we had to evacuate. But we still called the front desk and the front desk confirmed that we need to get out of the building. Luckily the fire was put off and the hotel told us that we could go back to our room. We were really amazed that a fire alarm would tell people to STAY IN THE ROOM!? If anything serious had happened, is that a death trap to stay in your room?

We didn't bother to walk all the way back to the 12th floor so we just checked out at that point. Since we checked out under such condition, we forgot some belongings in our room. So we called the hotel around 7:40PM on 7/20. We made total 4 calls - one call the front desk put us on hold for 10 minutes; another call we were on hold for 20 minutes. The last call finally someone took our information down and promise someone will call us back the next morning. We did receive the phone call next morning and confirmed that they have our items.

The room itself was nice and clean. Maybe we were just unlucky that so many things happened during our stay. But the fire alarm announcement should really be looked into!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Erseila, Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Mr. RingSI - thank you for sharing your comments with us. We truly appreciate the feedback, as we take all of our guest comments to heart, and most importantly their safety and security. We would like to assure you - that we are in compliance with all Newton Fire Codes, and once the Fire Department arrives in our building - once called - they are in control, while keeping our guests safety as their main priority - and, we follow their direction 100%. It is our pleasure to clarify any and all questions in regards to this important matter - and, I have emailed you more details, and will be happy to discuss this further with you. I look forward to hearing from you.
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The night I spent at this hotel was in a cold snap and the in-room heater was so loud that I couldn't sleep. Also, it is located directly above the highway and not close to anything. So I wouldn't recommend it at any price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Pspinrad - I am sorry to hear that we missed the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. If you would kindly contact me, I would appreciate an opportunity to not only meet but exceed your expectations, on your next visit to Boston - emuka@crowneplazanewton.com.
NewYork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

When i first arrived at the hotel i was greeted by Diana a friendly staff who is really good with directions to Boston on public transportation What made my night was the cookies at the front desk. They are so delicious. I recommend everyone to please stay at this hotel and taste these delicious home made cookies

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Willeric76 - thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as our delicious cookies! They are addictive! Once again, thank you for sharing and thank you for recognizing Diana. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

For starters we were greeted by Damaris at the front desk who was friendly, efficient and very helpful with all of our needs. The rooms were very comfortable and the view of the Boston skyline was wonderful. I can not say enough about the location. We were able to pick family up at Logan airport and it was a 12 minute drive. We ended up traveling all over New England during our stay and it was easy to get to any of the major routes we needed. The warm cookies at the front desk were a welcomed treat after being out all day. I want to thank Sheila Hayden General Manager for her hospitality and for making our whole families experience unforgettable. I highly recommend staying here whenever you come to Boston.

Room Tip: I suggest asking for the highest floor you can get. The views are phenomenal.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear John B - thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us... I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! And, I am happy to hear that Damaris took great care of you. Thank you for recognizing her! Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcome you back in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for three nights whilst on a tour of New England for our honeymoon. The service here is excellent, the staff even provided complimentary champagne which was a lovely touch. Perfect location for Boston and for traveling outside of Massachusetts. Don't miss out on Newton Central either as it is a nice spot for a coffee. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Ginabren - thank you for sharing your comments with us! Delighted to hear that you had an amazing honeymoon. Jackie put in all her efforts to make your honeymoon an amazing one, and I am delighted to hear that you had a great time. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Been to Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel? Share your experiences!