“Still a favorite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newton
New York City, New York
“Still a favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stay here when visiting the area on business. Excellent service, good basic wi fi. Clean and comfortable. Very consistent in a good way. This hotel can get busy due to many meetings and conventions being held onsite. Mobile check in helps to minimize wait time at check in during peak periods.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
MarkJ007, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your most recent review of the Newton Marriott. It is great to hear some feedback regarding Marriott's new mobile check in service. I am thrilled that our service levels exceeded your expectations. Thank you for being a great loyal customer of Marriott. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel with a great location and view of the river. The staff is very nice and the rooms are very clean. The parking lot needs a little work but does not reflect the inside of the hotel. The drinks in the bar are a bit overpriced but the breakfast in the restaurant is pretty good. My pet peeve is that they along with other hotels charge for internet service. However, the service is pretty good. It did slow down a bit when all the kids were on it. There was a couple of bus loads of track teams that probably put a load on the network.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your most recent review of the Newton Marriott hotel. I appreciate your comments relative to our service culture and the cleanliness of the hotel. We are upgrading our internet service to improve our speed to stay ahead of the demand and will be available to all our guests soon. We look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels bring you to Boston.
Chicopee, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Went for a weekend and had a fabulous time. Did not eat at the restaurant at night but breakfast buffet in the morning was delicious. We had eggs to order or omelets, fruit, pastry, meat choices, and good coffee. The hotel is relaxing. Make sure you go down to the bar for a favorite beverage and appetizer. There are also nice leather chairs to relax and read or sit with a drink to have a quiet conversation. The room was large comfortable bed with extra pillows if you ask.
Easy to get to Chestnut Hill area shops and restaurants or go to Wellsley for the same, just make reservations or you will wait to get a seat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting a review of your most recent stay at the Newton Marriott. I appreciate your great comments about our very popular breakfast buffet and bar. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Westchestry Cty, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Got in late the other day, arrived at RT128 amtrak station, short taxi ride to the msrriott,,friendly front desk staff had key waiting, and room had my extra pillows as requested in my profile. The hotel is marriott standard issue in rooms, but the lobby was fresh and modern. Upon checkout front desk had plenty of staff on hand to help guests as needed. I needed a taxi or sedan to get me to a meeting, and they were happy to help make the arrangements for me. The whole stay was pleasant. Even though it was literally zero degrees outside, the warmth of the stay made up for the ambient temperature. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are far from elevator,
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments relative to your most recent stay at the Newton Marriott. I am pleased that your stay was comfortable and that our services exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you return, perhaps when the weather is a little warmer.
Bethel, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

$9 to park? It's the suburbs. I've never stayed in a hotel this far from a metropolitan area that charged for parking. Shameful. But that just added insult to injury. I continue...

$13 for WiFi? In 2014?

And the walls are paper thin. The teen sports teams in the surrounding rooms were loud all night, with no action from the front desk.

The shower took forever to get hot, and never really got past lukewarm.

The pool and locker room were poorly kept, with lots of standing water, and other people's hair lying around everywhere.

The complimentary apple cider in the lobby ran out after producing two sad drops in my son's cup. There wouldn't be any more, said the girl from the desk. It was only 5pm.

Later, we noticed a container of some previous guest’s chewing tobacco under the desk in our room.

And the alarm clock (that we didn’t set) went off at 5:30am.

And did I mention the toilet over-flowed?

All of these little things added up to an overall disappointing experience. We won't be returning, or recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in other hotels are better.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HotelMgr12, Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear George,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Newton Marriott. We appreciate your business. We are very sorry to read that you had a less than satisfactory experience. I can assure you that this is not our standard. We value your feedback and will work to improve our service in the areas you mentioned.

Best regards,
Guest Relations
Hamden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My daughter and I stayed this past weekend for a Cheer competition in town. We had a wonderful stay here. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Our room was comfortable and clean and it overlooked the river. We ate at their restaurant onsite for dinner and breakfast and the service was fast and the food was delicious! My daughter and I made use of the pool as well and the pool area was clean and the water was nice and warm. We'd love to come back in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
MarkJ007, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comments relative to your recent stay at the Newton Marriott. It seems like you touched every corner of the hotel and I will be sure to share your experience with our associates. We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels take you to the Boston area.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have stayed numerous times at this hotel. I really like the hotel and the restaurant. And the staff are just the best. They have been so wonderful. Stephanie Forkin in particular deserves huge praises. Due to the snow, the place where my partner and I were going to teach was closed. Stephanie and her staff scrambled to set up a meeting room for us. Amazingly, we were able to start with everything we needed practically instantaneously and received thoughtful attention from Janice. The weather also caused a little accident, and Hazem, front desk and bell staff were very kind and helpful. Robert, the restaurant manager, and his waitstaff are wonderful. I wish I had taken down everyone's name to mention—but all were great, and we were shown kindnesses and favors by the fabulous Carl and Rui Lee. At the bar, Sue and Elisa are terrific.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MarkJ007, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for posting your recent experience at the Newton Marriott. I am thrilled to read your comments relative to your experience with our staff service. I will be sure to share with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon we hope.

Been to Boston Marriott Newton? Share your experiences!