“Quality you expect from Marriott” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Newton
ny
“Quality you expect from Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

A marriott on a river in Boston. It's as nice as that. Clean, good restaurant, close to center city, and generally less than other midtown hotels. I stay here for business. As usual they have a top floor concierge lounge with a nice breakfast and great service for those who book that or have status. All very nice here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
alexandria, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Have stayed at this marriott a number of times. The gym is larger than many with at least 8 treadmills. The concierge lounge has very pleasant employees and the food was fine. I ordered room service, found it to be very slow, and therefore my food was cold. I ordered the crab cakes and a cup of chowder (award winning for 40 years according to the menu). It was pretty good. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2013
Huntington, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I admit that Marriott is my brand of choice. I was however, very disappointed in this particular property. It is very large -3 corridor walk to my room- and very busy with business meetings and non-guests. I checked in late and was disappointed to find no valet or doorman for assistance. At the front desk I was informed that the accommodation I requested was not available and only a double was available. The manager was very apologetic and offered "free coffee" tickets which was very nice and did help with waking me in the morning since I slept terribly in the sliding bed with stained bedding. The room did not feel clean and was in need of up-dating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HotelMgr12, Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Newton Marriott. We appreciate your business and your feedback. I was sorry to read that you felt that the room did not feel clean and that you did not get the room type that you preferred when you checked in. A clean and comfortable room is our top priority. I am glad that our manager provided you with complimentary coffee after your late arrival. Please contact the hotel directly if you return to the area. We would be happy to insure that your accommodations meet your needs.

Best regards,
Guest Relations
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel and found it conveniently located, although they did charge for parking. I also thought their service was pretty good.. Could use a bit of an uodate, but the room and bathroom was clean and in good order when I checked in. Iwould stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MarkJ007, General Manager at Boston Marriott Newton, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay at the Newton Marriott. I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and its location and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I can't understand why this hotel finds it necessary to charge $9 to park in a big and mostly empty lot. If this were a downtown hotel or near an attraction or business where non-guests might park I could get it but no this is a sleepy area with nkthing but homes and a gas station nearby.

Other than my parking issue the place is nice and convenuent to 95 and 90.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your most recent stay at the Newton Marriott. As you pointed out our location is very convenient and local commuters feel the same way. The parking fee helps discourage non hotel residents so that we can reserve the preffered parking for our hotel guests. Thank You and we look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.
Hanover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Boston Marriott Newton is my favorite hotel to stay in. When I have business or pleasure planned in Boston I always try to stay in this hotel. The price is much lower than the hotels in Boston and it is only 15 minutes from the city. I always request a room overlooking the Charles River and the view is just beautiful. I love it. In the morning I pull open the curtains and let the sun in and have the view of the river. In warmer weather I watch the rowers and people kayaking on the Charles. At night I love to see the city lights above the river.

Although the hotel is in need of some updating, the service is just amazing. I am always treated like royalty at this Marriott. Many of the staff members have worked in this facility for many years and when I return I am often greeted by name. And I know them now too! Requests are always greeted with staff bending over backward to please. The room service is great and the food is superb.

There are refrigerators in every room and there is a Starbucks coffee shop in the lobby. It is also great that there is a Whole Foods very close by so it is convenient to pick up groceries or healthy take out food.

I actually hate to check out of the Boston Marriott Newton because it always feels like a vacation when I am there.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the Charles River. The hallways are long so if you do not like a walk re...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your stay at the Newton Marriott. I appreciate your comments on our staffs service levels and perceived price value. The views are nice in March but get even better with each season! we look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon.
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a fairly standard Marriott that is "convenient" to Boston but, by no means is it a Boston Hotel. You are about 15 mins. out of the city but, on a good note, the parking here is free, so you've got that going for you, which is nice.

The hotel is on the site of an old amusement park along the banks of the River Charles. It is easy to get to and, if you have business out in the suburbs or want a reasonably priced alternative to the in town hotels, it's a perfect alternative.

The facilities were very clean and well-kept, and the staff was absolutely great. Also, they have a salt-water pool that was absolutely great to hang out in (until a bunch of kids arrived anyways).

The bar was also nice, but a bit pricey ($10 for a small Martini). Also had some appetizers there, and there were great. Finally, the Sunday brunch was fantastic.

All in all, especially given some of the weekend packages they offer, I think it's wee worth a look.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the back of the hotel overlooking the river.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Boston Marriott Newton? Share your experiences!