“Decent food” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 232 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
“Decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We live around the corner to this restaurant so on days we're feeling lazy and don't feel like cooking, we go here and order to go (we've never sat down to eat). Even though it's a Japanese-named restaurant, it is Korean owned and serve a fusion menu (Korean and Japanese). We've had a variety of sushi rolls as well as some of the traditional Korean soup dishes. It's pretty good but nothing amazing. It only takes about 20 minutes for the food to come out (for pick-up) although if it's a busy night for them, it may take closer to 30 minutes so you'll want to call ahead if you're picking up. There are never a ton of people sitting down to eat in the restaurant, however, there are always a few people waiting to pick up food. It's our go-to-near-the-home-restaurant and it's served us well so far.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Good sushi, could use some updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I've been there about a dozen times. It's not my favorite sushi in the area, but it is the best in that area.

The menu does not change much. It is an eclectic mix of Korean and Japanese. Can't say that I've had any of the Korean dishes. The sushi is good, and they av a wide selection of rolls.

The wine list is short and could use some better wines.

My main gripe is that he menu has not changed in about 8 years. They do have a sheet of specials, but I think that list is about as old as the menu.

I'll probably keep gong back, at least until I find something better.

Sarasota, Florida
“A great Japanese restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Misono is lovely inside, with a carp pond, and offers attentive service. The menu is extremely varied, with an excellent choice of daily specials. All the food is of the freshest and best quality, including the sushi. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Going downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This was one of my favorites but the last few times I've been there I've been disappointed with both the food and service. So I will not be returning. The sushi is not bad, average overall.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Just simply a great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I eat at Misono very often, and there are many reasons for that.

First of all, you pay what you pay and in return you get what you deserve. In other words, the food is priced right.

Also, the food itself is pretty flavourful. Now, you may not be getting the most exquisite raw fish in the world, but again, you usually pay under $13 for some really good sashimi.

If you haven't been here before, and you like sashimi, I would recommend the "Sushi Lunch A". It has a variety of raw fish and tastes pretty good. Along with it, take their miso soup. It matches well.

So, I already said good things about the food and value, but what about the service? Well, the service is pretty good too. Usually, the food is served quickly, and the order is right.

I would definitely recommend this place to a friend, and to anyone else that doesn't have a million dollars on their budget for dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Food