“Very Nice New Year's Eve Dinner at 51 Lincoln” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
51 Lincoln is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 203 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Columbus
Transit: Newton Highlands T stop on the Green Line(D) is located two blocks from the restaurant at the base of Lincoln Street.
Boston, MA
“Very Nice New Year's Eve Dinner at 51 Lincoln”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went as a foursome to this restaurant for their 5 course New Year's Eve dinner. The items were all interesting and unusual and we enjoyed them very much. Dining was leisurely and comfortable. Our only complaint was that the main dish of lamp chops was priced individually for $37 and yet there were only two chops.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“It's alway good but $$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Great neighborhood spot always crowded during weekends Finicky chef commands top shelf ingredients Some of my favorites entrees are found here! Forget about going to downtown Boston

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Amazing Drinks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We went to 51 Lincoln for dinner on a Saturday night. We did have reservations and didn't have to wait once we arrived. The service was prompt and we started with the most fantastic drink menu. We ended up trying the Cuba Libre and a version of a pear martini. Both were delicious! The wine selection was also decent and reasonably priced. We started with a squash soup which was delicious and the polenta fries which were just ok. For dinner we had the rigatoni, chicken, salmon and beef special. All were good and large portions. Dessert of pear sorbet was also very tasty. We enjoyed our meal and would return.

Visited December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Food terrific, service should be better....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was my second visit to 51 Newton, the last having been several years ago. The food lived up to my memory of that visit but the service did not. We started with a chicken liver pate and a lovely brie from the cha cuterie menu, both were perfect with all of the right accompaniments. I had the seared duck breast with lo mein and it was one of the best I have ever had, medium rareIwith maple syrup and marscapone cheese dessert and it was the perfect touch of fall sweetness. The menu is small but has something for everyone and the cocktails are nice (I had a lovely pear martini) and a decent wine list. Decor is nothing special and as the restaurant filled up noise was an issue.

Our waiter was not the best. He was good not to push us to order immediately after arrival as we had a drink and were clearly in a mood to chat. There were several missteps through the meal. We had each ordered a glass of wine when we ordered our entrees. I had asked mine to be served after I was finished with my cocktail, unfortunately he did not deliver any of the wine to my friends as well and when he finally did, got one of them wrong. He also failed to deliver a side dish of sauteed spinach we had ordered and did not ask if we wanted coffee until after we were done with our dessert. When we mentioned the omission of the side dish, there was no real apology just an "aw shucks I didn't write it down"....for the amount of money you pay here the service should be better.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newton, Massachusetts
“Mixed Bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

51 Lincoln puzzles me. I really want this place to be outstanding, but it just falls short. The food is very good, but for the prices that they charge, you should get more. The overall ambience is bland, boring and loud. This could be a fine dining experience, but the lighting is all wrong, the music is too loud, the décor just is not worth it. Make up your mind 51 Lincoln, what direction are you heading in? The food is very good, service is so-so, ambience is nothing special, and when I left I just had a feeling that I didn't get my money's worth. I hope they can turn it around, because the potential is definitely there.

• Visited August 2013