“Excellent Meal” 5 of 5 stars

617-928-1400
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 232 Restaurants in Newton
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Langley Road
Description: You'll quickly see why The Boston Globe proclaimed “we've never been happier in our lives,” after an evening at The Capital Grille. Drawing from its New England roots, The Capital Grille’s relaxed elegance and style have become a trademark of the Boston area. Join us just east of the Atrium Mall and a million miles fromthe ordinary.
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I'm not a big fan of Restaurant Week as restaurants are always packed and it's typically a bit chaotic. Went to Capital Grille not knowing it started tonight. I have to say, while it was packed, they handled the crowd extremely well. The "deal" was too good to pass up so we opted for the RW menu. Everything was excellent, salads, clam chowder, filet, bone-in NY, sides, dessert... and our waiter, Mohammed was a pleasure... a real pro. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Framingham, Massachusetts
“upscale pricing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The food and service was great. My problem is that they keep on charging more and more to eat there. The normal eat out family cannot afford the steak prices. If the meals came with a salad and side dishes it would be one thing, but these are all extra's. I will go back but only for special occassions.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bozeman, Montana
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I love going here with the excellent service and best cuts of meat and fish. Sorry but I don't eat red meat anymore. I was torn between the salmon or the sushi grade yellow fin tuna. I ordered the salmon but they were out so tuna it was. One of the specials was an arugula salad which I was hoping would have more greens than it did but arugula is pretty bitter so it was probably just right or it would have changed the flavor of the whole salad. The piece of tuna was huge and seared with sesame seeds. It was so good and with grilled asparagus which is in season right now was perfect. The Hazel Nut chocolate cake is big enough to share with 4 people. I brought most of that home with me. My date had the cheesecake and it was a light, creamy deliciousness. Definitely sharable as well.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“A few tips...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Before I begin my remarks, keep in mind that we had dinner at this Capital Grille on Father's Day, which is not a good idea as the restaurant was overwhelmed with the volume of diners. I did not follow my advice to avoid eating out on important holidays. There were numerous large tables, which took up a great deal of the various server's time.

This was our second visit to this branch of the Capital Grille, and the quality of the ingredients in the offerings was first rate. My family raises cattle, and the steaks we enjoyed, tenderloin, were of a high quality, very tender and cooked nicely. I would however, warn you that if you do not like very well-salted meat to ask that the chef skip the salt. My steak was drenched in it, and so the flavor of salt was all I could taste. The accompanying bernaise sauce, which we had to request, was also very salty and of a very thin consistently. I make bernaise sauce often, and this sauce was unremarkable, with a great deal of tarragon.. No idea why it was so watery.

Our other menu choices included creamed spinach, which was good and plentiful. One order would easily serve three or four people. We also ordered baked potatoes, which are not listed on the menu, and I would not order them again as they were overcooked and served plain with no accompaniments. No butter, no sour cream, no bacon, no chives. At eight dollars each, it was odd to be served a plain, huge potato, poorly cooked and virtually cold. I think the Father's Day rush entered into this equation. The wedge salad was good as was the bread basket, which contained some lovely onion focaccia, dark bread and excellent rolls, lightly browned. It was the best bread basket we have enjoyed in a restaurant in recent days.

The tariff for all this was $225 with a 20% tip. Service was lacking due to the Father's Day rush or too few servers. Our server was pleasant and friendly, but not in evidence much.

We might try the restaurant for lunch and see if it's a better experience on a normal day before we consider having dinner here again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Upscale dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Ordered lobster bisque with had delicious succulent lobster. The wedge salad with bacon and blue cheese was very good. The chopped salad was also very good. The halibut had mini potatoes, pieces of corn and artichokes. It was tender and flavorful. The porter house steak was also tender and buttery. The creamed spinach was excellent. For dessert we ordered coconut cream pie, cheese cake and trio of handcrafted ice creams. The desserts were delicious. I recommend making a reservation.