“Great steakhouse ” 4 of 5 stars

617-928-1400
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 203 Restaurants in Newton
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Langley Road
Description: You'll quickly see why The Boston Globe proclaimed “we've never been happier in our lives,” after an evening at The Capital Grille. Drawing from its New England roots, The Capital Grille’s relaxed elegance and style have become a trademark of the Boston area. Join us just east of the Atrium Mall and a million miles fromthe ordinary.
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Great steakhouse ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This restaurant is consistently one of the best steakhouses around. While expensive, it is hard to find a restaurant of this caliber that isn't these days. Steaks run $40+ but are awesome! While good for special occasions, this is a typical steakhouse so it is very noisy and not extremely romantic. We had a 40 min wait even with a reservation and never saw a manager even being told that we would by the host. The waitress comped a drink as a result. They also brought a couple of glasses of champaign since it was our anniversary as well as a nice dessert both on the house.

Singapore, Singapore
“Good but not top notch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The steaks are very good, although they could be better (eg. the cajun rib eye at Smith & Wollensky's!) Service started almost non-existent and improved later, but it's still not top notch; for instance, when you ask for mustard you get one kind, whereas at a first-class restaurant they would ask what kind you'd prefer, or automatically give you three different kinds. On a busy evening, it can get quite loud, as tables are fairly close to one another. Overall, it's OK, but at this price level you should and could have a much better experience at many other top steakhouses. Impressive wine list.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Massachusetts
“Steak Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I eat here regularly. Their steak is top notch. We typically share a 14 oz. steak, usually the New York strip. People feel funny sharing in such a fancy place but they don't mind and don't be afraid to ask. All meals are a la carte so you won't get sides stuff with your steak. You have to order these separately. The potatoes au gratin are to die for (never liked that phrase but it's appropriate here).

Make sure you make a reservation because this place is popular, especially Thursday through Sunday.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
boston, ma
“Good but could have been better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'll start with the good parts, the service from the manager and wait staff were excellent. We ordered the Sliced Filet and the evening special of Filet Mignon with Shrimp along with our sides of asparagus and another of mashed potato. Both meats were ordered Medium however when the special of the night arrived, the meat was medium well, no redness at all, the meat was sent back as a result the wait staff brought out extra mashed potato and asparagus (A nice gesture). The meat came out for the second time but was completely rare and was sent back again. At this point the manager came over, apologized and said we would not be charged for this filet. The filet came out again for a third time and was back to being medium well, no redness at all. It was inedible but I just gave up on getting a medium filet, I should have ordered the sliced filet, the sliced filet was excellent. The 3 large shrimp that came out were just a tad chewy. The sides were excellent. The coffee and dessert were also very good. We have been to the Capital Grille many times but this didn't come close to living up to any other experience we have had either in the Boston or Newton location. Still a very expensive meal that wasn't worth the trouble, I'd feel differently if I'd gotten the sliced filet I suppose. I hope this isn't the start of a bad trend.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“You get what you pay for - great food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We eat at the grille regularly because we know we will get attentive service and great food. Their fillet is delicious. Not the Best in Boston, but very good. We used to order the lobster mac and cheese consistently until we had multiple experiences with it being undercooked, once not cooked at all, and a few times burnt. I advise sticking to the steaks. I recently had the Chilean Sea Bass which was amazing. I am not sure if it is a regular menu item and if not, it should be. It was so god that we went back later the same week so my fiancé could order it. I also did not enjoy the crab cakes I ordered once, but again, that is why I am saying go for the steak. Or the Sea Bass if it is available.

• Visited August 2013