“Only seat option was our car...” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Randolph, Massachusetts
“Only seat option was our car...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were looking forward to eating here and were slightly disappointed . Overall, our advice is to order to go (or bring a chair!) as there were no seats inside or out. The staff were nice and service was good. The vanilla shake she had was pretty good, and the cheese sauce was great . The burger I had was decent but smaller than expected . For a highend location, the clientele was quite rude and questionable.

In conclusion, if you must go here just to say you've been here, try it. But don't expect much.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
“Great new restaurant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place is part of the newly configured mall called "the street" where the lower chestnut hill mall used to be. The burgers and fries were delicious, the service was fast and efficient, the prices were good for what you got. There were all sorts of options for the burgers and hot dogs--you could get everything from caramelized onions to avocado. They had several versions of fries. The shake was pretty god. The "malt" I had really wasn't--it was nice and thick and a pretty good chocolate frappe but you could not taste the malt. It was still good to drink however--just a little shy of what I ordered. I liked the informal atmosphere--it was crowded but it felt like there was space and the noise level was not excessive so you could sit there and talk.

Visited May 2013
Karachi
“great burgers...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

had a quick lunch at the shake shack... the burgers are superb and the milk shake it really good too

Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“The shake is where it is at!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I simply love the strawberry milkshakes here! They are so delicious and thick but still drinkable. The fries, on the other hand, were just mediocre. There was nothing special about them. I also had a lobster shell concrete and would not recommend it. I have only had the regular burgers but they were pretty good. Again, the best part of this restaurant is definitely their milkshakes!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Believe The Hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

You've heard about it. You've read about it. Now go see for yourself. I've been twice, once with my daughter and future son-in-law, and again yesterday with my wife (she was crazed that she was not able to join us the first time).

It's (mostly) all good. My suggestion is to merely order their regular, single, shack cheeseburger. If you're THAT hungry, order two. If I've ever had a better burger, I just don't recall. I've had two shakes now - one fair trade coffee, and one black & white malted - both spectacular. The only miss the first visit was the French Fries - we tried regular and cheese-covered. Both were misses - just to soggy and lacking texture and flavor. I saved the three bucks the second visit, and even when extra-prompted by the cashier, said no.

Ambience is very high for a burger joint. Seating is fairly limited. Now with the adjacent theatre open and nearby shops opening, Shake Shack will only get busier and busier, even as the novelty wears off. Go at a very off time to avoid the lines.

• Visited June 2013