“My favorite place in metro west to get Greek food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 228 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: Greek
Weston, Massachusetts
“My favorite place in metro west to get Greek food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have always enjoyed my Greek meals in this cafeteria style Greek Restaurant. Don't let the name of the restaurant fool you, this is a Greek Restaurant through and through. The atmosphere is bright and many families come and enjoy the food and light atmosphere and sit yourself set up. Order your food at the counter, wait for your number to be called and you bring your food to the table. It is bright and airy and great food at that.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Needham, Massachusetts
“What a great surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is my second visit to this place. My first visit was about 15 years ago, so this place has been around for a while. I drive past it all the time. When we arrived there were 3 cars in the parking lot. When we left all the spots were taken. The name Farm Grille Rotisserie hides its Greek menu. You go to the counter, order, pay, find a table to sit down at and the food is brought to you. The variety is huge. We had grape leave, table salad, orzo salad and a lamb beef gyro. The table salad had tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, peppers and feta cheese. The dressing had olive oil, vinegar and a assortment of seasonings that made it stand out. My daughter who doesn't like lamb loved my lamb beef gyro! The seasoning and oil really made the flavors shine. It came with a small green salad with feta and fantastic Greek dressing. Three appetizers, a gyro and 2 drinks for $28. That's a great deal. Next time I want to try the avocado feta salad and the spicy eggplant salad. This is the best Greek food that I've had in a long time. Definitely worth multiple return visits. Beware though the service is slow when it gets crowded, so get there early. You knows its good when you see plenty of older Greek patrons there.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newton, Massachusetts
“really bad service, please don't go!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I went with my colleagues today at noon. Since it was the first time they had been there, they had lots of questions of what to order. But the cashiers were soooo impatient and didn't want to explain at all! I was watching this and I was so annoyed. The only reason I went there is because it's close to my company. But whatever,, I would rather eat Madonald's but I will never go back to this greek place again!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boston, MA
“A good, easy, satisfying meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food is fresh and prepared in a simple yet tasty, home-cooked manner. The menu has been the same for years but there is enough variety to avoid dullness. Service is quick since you order at the counter and there's plenty of room to sit comfortably. There's a choice of soups, chicken dishes, lamb dishes, fish dishes and excellent salads and sides - all very good. If you're looking for a no-frills, satisfying meal without heavy sauces or fancy toppings, this is a great place to go.

Visited May 2013
Myrtle Beach
“Greek food I crave when I am in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have enjoyed Spanakopita here, and also chicken dishes, Greek salad, gyros. My uncle turned me on to this place. Whenever I am in the Boston area, I try to make a trip to this restaurant. They do a large takeout business, so I have had both takeout, and have also eaten there too. It was always packed when I was there, if that tells you anything.

• Visited May 2012