“Not to great experience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #111 of 228 Restaurants in Newton
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not to great experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The first time I came here over the summer, we had a nice experience on the patio outside and I liked my sandwich. However this weekend I was not very impressed. My boyfriend asked for Coke and received diet coke... twice.The turkey burger I got was ok but the fries were unappetizing. I wouldn't be that eager to come back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

San Diego, CA
“Excellent SportsPub & Grille”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The atmosphere was lively - if a bit loud, but what restaurants aren't loud these days; Lots of screens for watching sports; Nice decor; And I thought the food was excellent and reasonably priced. I'd definitely go back!

Visited October 2012
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Hidden gem in newton centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great bar! Exceptional expanded bar food fare and cocktail menu. Service was top notch. The staff definitely work as a team which improves the level of service. Generous portions make this a great value. Not a quiet or romantic place. Good for friends and large groups. College crowd and locals.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Killingworth, Connecticut
“poor choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Our group of ten from out of state came here for lunch after a family funeral. A friend showed us the location, tucked down the alley, as it would have been difficult to find on our own. You can't make reservations to sit outside, so we sat inside in the dark and dreary bar, which probably is better as a sports bar in the winter. Got off to a bad start with a glass of rancid chardonnay - first time I ever sent wine back. But the menu seemed extensive, until I ordered the small margarita flatbread pizza with a side Caesar salad and discovered all items on the first page are only offered Mon-Fri. The only other vegetarian option for a Saturday lunch was a salad. This is usually a safe choice so imagine my disappointment to get a bowl of limp and damp romaine with barely a trace of Caesar dressing, served with two pieces of toasted bread that were too hard and dry to eat ($7.99). Some of the other lunch choices were equally disappointing: The Chicken Caesar Salad was fair ($10.98), the Classic Hamburger with a little blue cheese sprinkled on top was mediocre ($10.49), and the Asian Chicken Salad was okay but mainly damp greens ($10.79). On a brighter note, the 12" Buffalo Chicken Pizza was okay ($12.79), the Meatloaf Sandwich was enormous and tasty ($10.99), and the French Dip was reportedly the best item ($11.29). The wait staff was initially attentive, but after we finished eating, we sat with a half-cleared table for 15 minutes waiting for the check. It was good to spend two hours together after the funeral, but for $170, the food was hugely disappointing and although I like to eat at a restaurant more than once before posting a poor review, this was such a bad experience I'll never go back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Perfect for a summer evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

If you want to sit outside and enjoy casual dining, the Union Street Restaurnat is a perfect choice. The service was good, and the sandwiches that we had were delicious. Get there early as it can get crowded and noisy as the evening wears on. Not as good inside where it's dark and pub-like

• Visited August 2012