“Wonderful hideaway in Newton” 4 of 5 stars
Review of A Village B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newton
A Village B&B
You added A Village B&B to your Saves list
69 Columbus Street, Newton, MA 02461   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Newton B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dayton OH
“Wonderful hideaway in Newton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Village B&B, based on excellent ratings we found on Trip Advisor, and we certainly agree with the other reviewers. We had the third story private "penthouse" with a bedroom with a very comfortable bed, a sitting room combined with a small kitchen, and a nicely appointed bathroom, complete with nice towels, soap, toiletries, and shower. One surprise on arriving was a sign asking us to not wear shoes in the house, so I suggest bringing slippers that you can leave by the front door when you put on your shoes for the outdoors.

Breakfast was continental and there was plenty offered to eat including fresh baked goods and cheese in addition to cereal and fresh fruit. Since we were there three nights, we met other renters who were in the area to attend classes. There were nice restaurants nearby in a safe neighborhood. Free parking is available, a big plus in busy Boston suburb.

The location near the "T" was about a block away and very convenient, but we found the process confusing as we could board the train with a senior fare of $1 given to the conductor into Boston, but we had to purchase a ticket for $5 (good for round trip) to return as the senior discount wasn't available without a special card that had to be purchased elsewhere. For the tourist in a new city, some information in advance would be helpful.

We definitely would stay at The Village B&B should we return to the Boston area.

Room Tip: If there are two people staying longer than one night, be sure to ask for the penthouse suite. Don...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I never write for reviews for anything online, but I am compelled to do so for the Village B and B in Newton. I was in Boston attending a conference and was lucky to find the Village B and B. Claudia is a wonderful and accommodating host. She manages to run a place that strikes a perfect balance between offering a homey, comfortable welcome while maintaining the privacy needs of guests. The location was optimal--a mere minutes walk to the T to get anywhere in Boston. After long days at a conference, it was great to return to the Village B and B and feel at at home. It is very telling of a place when you meet other guests, as I did, who are return visitors and who freely volunteer how wonderful they have found the host--Claudia-- to be over the years. it was a lovely, comfortable stay. Thank you Claudia!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Woodstock, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I immediately felt very welcomed and comfortable at A Village B&B. Claudia did a great job of making sure we had everything we needed. There was a great variety of food for breakfast (I recommend trying her homemade granola). This was my first time visiting the Boston area. We decided we wanted to stay somewhere outside of the city, but still close enough that transportation into Boston would be easy. The location of A Village B&B is awesome if you want to head right into downtown Boston. It only takes a few minutes to walk to the T and the ride into town is not too long. The next time we plan to visit Boston, we will be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We've stayed at A Village B&B 3 times and have come to view it as our home away from home! We've stayed in Katie's Room and the Penthouse Suite and love both of them. Katie's Room is nice and cozy and the Penthouse Suite offers a lot of privacy and room to spread out one's belongings. Claudia could not be nicer, or more friendly - we love her! And we love the breakfasts, which feature pastries, scones, muffins and croissants from the local patisserie (I always break my diet for those)! Of course, there are healthy alternatives as well, and there is always a large selection and plenty of variety to choose from. We love to linger over coffee here and find the atmosphere to fit us perfectly! The neighborhood is adorable and close to shopping or the T. You're also steps away from one of the best restaurants in Boston.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
East Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was my first time visiting Newton and my first time staying at the B&B. I couldn't have been more delighted with my choice. Claudia provided a warm and welcoming experience that I will never forget. My room was charming, comfortable, and cool -- even in the heat of July. The breakfast choices were excellent, and more than I could possibly eat. The location is so convenient, an easy walk to shops and very good restaurants. I'm looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver BC Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I returned for a second time and remain extremely satisfied with this B & B. I was in Boston last summer. As usual, Claudia was great and the service was excellent. I love how close the B & B is to the T and restaurants. The area is beautiful. I am returning again in July and would not hesitate to recommend this B & B to anyone. Thank you again Claudia for making my stay so comfortable!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We could not have asked for a better experience. The hostess was very inviting and personable, the food was incredible, and the accommodations were charming, clean and comfortable. The location was on a quiet street but was just a short walk from quaint shops and public transportation. We really loved our visit and intend to go back in the future.

Room Tip: Some rooms have private baths. Some rooms share a bath, which would work well for family members or...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to A Village B&B? Share your experiences!