“Iconic harbor side rest - great location, good food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 86 Restaurants in Newburyport
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Iconic harbor side rest - great location, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a great local watering hole and many come back time and time again. We love the location, right on the water with great views of all the boats. The service and food are ok, but this isn't a. 'Foodie' destination.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Erica H, Guest Relations Manager at Michael's Harborside, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hi MowerFamily:

Thank you for the review and I am happy that you enjoy the atmosphere and scenery at Michael's. I hope you will come in and try our brand new fall menu items so we can bring your review of the food up a bit in the future. :) Thanks again and please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns in the future.

Nashua, New Hampshire
“Great seafood and scenery, excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stopped by for dinner after bringing our sailboat into the Newburyport (Mass) marina. Great waterside location, overlooking the Merrimack River and the marina docks. Great seafood and excellent service (Jacqueli). Nice wine/drink selection, and just a lot of fun at this location.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi jwr2003b:

Thanks for taking the time to review Michael's. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your entire experience and I will certainly let your waitress know as well. I hope you continue to stop by even though your sailboat is out if the water and summer has officially come to a close.

Best Regards,

Weston, Florida
“Coming to Michael's Harborside from Miami, FL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Hola Erica,

I would like to congratulate you for responding to people’s comments about their experience in Micheal’s Harborside.

My name is Enrique, we are 2 couples book to Kennebunkport and Portland, ME for next weekend, Oct 16th thru Oct 20th. We are coming from sizzling Miami. We will be arriving to Boston around 6:00pm and we would like to come for dinner to Michael’s Harborside on our way to Kennebunkport. I am anticipating we will arrive to your rest around 8:30pm.

Can you assist me in:

• Making a reservation for 4, for us.
• Selecting a spectacular table for us.
• Making our 1st dining experience in New England memorable.

A special request: Diana is vegetarian, can you accommodate her food wise?

If you need any additional information from me, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Enrique

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Peabody, Massachusetts
“great sevice good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

family of four. I had prime rib , it was very good , my wife had fishermans platter . quality but not much quantity for 24 dollars, both kids had burgers . they looked great .over all very good experience

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Erica H, Guest Relations Manager at Michael's Harborside, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hi Bob P:

Thanks for taking the time to review Michael's. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience here. I hope you will join us again soon!

Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Waterfront dining at a cost”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

$70 for lunch (not including tip) includes a bottle of sparking water, 3 margaritas, steamers, onion rings, boneless buffalo chicken, garden salad. Nice ocean views and breezy atmosphere - all wonderful. I sincerely question the portion size of steamers. Menu stated 1.5 pounds, but didn't appear to be that amount - I eat these regularly. The best tasting clams since they are from Essex, issue I had, they were full of sand - much more than usually found. Kitchen staff needs to clean them better. Margaritas were served with Orangina mixed into the drink!! Never heard is such a thing and it tasted awful so the waiter replaced with a new one which was better but appeared watered down mix.. What the heck? Margaritas are basic! You don't mess with the ingredients okay? Over all the waiter was very pleasant and was a nice ending after 3 hours of kayaking. Worth going to once a year maybe, but so many better options downtown Newburyport, which goes to say, if its directly on the water, it's pretty much a tourist place and priced to see the waterfront.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Erica H, Guest Relations Manager at Michael's Harborside, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Hi Bruce B:

I appreciate your time reviewing Michael's and I am glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and view. I am sorry to hear that there was too much sand in the clams and this is something I will address immediately. They should be rinsed thoroughly, so this is not an issue.

Although we should not be adding Orangina to our Margarita's, I will confirm this with the bar staff. I have never heard of such a thing either, so I will make sure this is not happening. Again, thanks for you time and please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns in the future.