“The idea of an old church converted into a restaurant in of itself is appealing. The Mission Oak Grill was a nice...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mission Oak Grill

Dining options: Late Night Food, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: High Street
Transit: Public Lot available on Green Street
Description: Set in the beautiful seaside town of historic Newburyport, Massachusetts, Mission Oak Grill is an inviting, warm restaurant elegantly decorated with wood tones and classic leather. Guests can dine in our bustling mission-style dining room as well as at our spacious and lively bar. Serving a full menu seven days a week, our many steaks are simply prepared using fresh local ingredients of the highest quality. Mission Oak Grill welcomes you to join us for dinner and to sample our extensive International wine list. We are sure you will find the service to be exemplary and your experience to be wonderful, time and time again.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

The idea of an old church converted into a restaurant in of itself is appealing. The Mission Oak Grill was a nice surprise! The lighting was perfectly ambiant, the wine list phenominal (I want to take it home) - I love the great selection of California wines from afforable ($30) to the great Far Niete ($200+) - (the by the glass list wasn't as impressive, but understandably so) - the menu offered a nice selection of steaks and seafood with a good moderate price. I had the hanger steak which was seasoned and tastey. I will definitely check out the bar with the half price apps during happy hour time!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food, overpriced.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

Good food, overpriced.

Newburyport Massachusettes
“Should of Stayed a church !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

Went there for a wedding, salad was a red tomato and orange tomato with cheese topping, chicken dinner was served with macaroni and cheese as a starch and asparagus that was raw!!
They served steak on skewers that was BAD !!! Overall rating LESS then 0 !!

Would of had a better reception at Mc Donalds !!!

Durham, NH
“Avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

I have eaten at Mission Oak Grill twice. The first time I was not overly impressed, but it is so popular, it seemed worth a second try. Big Mistake. I ate at the bar, as I normally do when I am alone. I ordered the lamb well done (yes, I am a Philistine in this regards). The meat arrived rare. I ate part of one of the two chops (the outer edge) before I realized it was not cooked through. The other chop was even rarer. I tried to talked to the bar tenders, and then catch their eye, but was ignored. I stopped eating and sat for 10 minutes until one deigned to ask if I wanted the meal wrapped to take home. I told him I wanted it cooked. He sent it back. It returned with one chop cooked through, and the other gone (since I ate half of it, it seems they decided there was no point in cooking and returning the rest). The mashed potatoes were inedible by that point. I finished the chop, paid my bill and left with the resolve never to return. Since I ate less than half my meal, I had some cheese and crackers when I got home.

boston, ma
“On par with Sizzler”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2008

This self proclaimed steak place has city prices and awful food. The decor was promising and the menu diverse, which led us to believe we'd be getting good food for what they were charging. The service was lacking, on a thursday night we should not have to ask for every single item, i.e., water, bread, pepper for salads. We were, however, willing to forgive all if the food stood out, and it absolutely did NOT. The $36 filet was what you would get at a Sizzler, char marks and all. Their crispy fries were gigantic and therefore underdone and rock hard. The carrot salad was a handful of bagged carrot strips thrown on top of the Brazilian steak. And the silky mashed potatoes were gummy and enough to serve four, which is always the clear sign that they are filling the plate to make up for some short comings. This place was so unsatisfying and so not worth the money that I want it back. I guess I'll have to settle for spreading the word and never returning again.