“First visit - wedding in restaurant - so we sat a table of 8 in the pub ...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 10 Center Street

10 Center Street
10 Center Street, Newburyport, MA 01950
(978) 462-6652
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
10 Center Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 87 Restaurants in Newburyport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Hampton, New Hampshire
“First visit - wedding in restaurant - so we sat a table of 8 in the pub ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We will have to return another time to see if what we experienced is typical for this place. We were squeezed into a very small space for 8 in the pub. Another large party sat directly behind us, our chair backs touching, on the other side the staff and other patrons had to fit between our chairs and the seat backs at the bar. Not a favorable experience. The food was good, some was received cold - not sure if the wedding impacted our service. We will have to try again and see.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jasmine R, Manager at 10 Center Street, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Hello Mower Family,

Thank you for your recent feedback of your experience at Ten Center Street. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the food and sorry to hear that your seating experience was less then desirable. We have since changed the seating in the pub area so that the tables have much more space. I do hope that you will return and enjoy the great atmosphere we have to offer. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

978-417-1494
jlewan@tencenterstreet.com

York Harbor, Maine
“Cozy Eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

A gal pal and I met for an early dinner, looking for a good cocktail and a reasonably priced meal in a cozy setting. We found it at 10 Center Street. The bar itself, though not large, was filled with happy people. We chose a booth next to the (gas) fireplace. Darkly lit, but not too.
Our waitress could not have been more pleasant and accommodatinig. We wanted to linger over a drink and asked for sme bread to tide us over. It was fragrant and warm, and she urged us to holler her up if she didn't get back to us. She didn't forget us. We each had a delicious entree...lobster mac and fish tacos. Many of the entrees are offered at 2 portion sizes. The wine list isn't vast, but good values. We declined dessert. A warm and cozy place especially on a winter's eve! A return destination!

• Visited October 2013
Hi Elisabeth M,

I am so glad that you and your friend decided on Ten Center Street for you cozy spot. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your relaxing time over a cocktail and stayed with us for dinner. We appreciate your valuable feedback and hope to see you again in the near future.

978-417-1494
jlewan@tencenterstreet.com
Stamford, Connecticut
“Wonderful dinners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The food was delicious and right across the street from the Inn where we stayed. We ate there 2 nights in a row. The only thing we disliked was the darkness of the up stairs room where we ate.

Visited October 2012
Jasmine R, Manager at 10 Center Street, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear escapetoreality,

Thank you for your recent review of Ten Center Street. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us so much that you dined with us two nights in a row. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Newburyport.

Houston Texas
“Good Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Very good place to eat and have a drink. The burgers are huge and good and the flat bread pizza, especially the house special, are very good.

Visited September 2013
Hello Houston Rover,

Thank you for your recent review of Ten Center Street we appreciate your great feedback. Its wonderful to hear you enjoyed some of our signature dishes like the 10 Ten Burger. Please be sure to say hello the next time you dine with us.

Looking forward to seeing you again,

(978)462-6652
“Casual but warm, elegant, and most importantly, delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Let me say first that my husband and I used to go to 10 Center quite often, but hadn't been back again until recently. Our first visit back was just my husband and I, but we were impressed enough in the experience that we returned with my in-laws for a very special occasion. They were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary, and we were celebrating our 25th. Although they forgot to bring the special anniversary dessert that I called ahead to order, everything else was perfection. The ambiance of the wood beams and brick fireplace, transport you to another place and time. The staff make you feel welcomed, and never rushed. They were patient, helpful with an allergy of mine, and attentive to the whole table. The "guys" had a tuna appetizer that they loved, and then we all had steaks for main courses. The filet melted in my mouth. It may sound odd to hear an adult rave about their French fries (although if you say pommes frites it sounds much better), but I will anyway. Their hand cut French fries are the best I have ever tasted, and I hate admit it, but I've tasted quite a few. Our desserts were decadent but worth every extra mile I will have to run in exchange ( you know girl math, 1 dessert = one more hour of jogging). Not only will I go back again, but I will very soon, I will be sure to tell everyone I know that 10 Center Street is my new go to restaurant in Newburyport!

Visited September 2013
Hello Kristin R,

Thank you for your kind review of Ten Center Street. It is so wonderful to hear that you decided to come back and dine with us. We are especially grateful that you choose Ten Center Street top celebrate your in-laws 50th wedding anniversary.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future,