“Find in Newburyport! They are doing great things here!” 5 of 5 stars

25 State Street, Newburyport, MA
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Brine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 87 Restaurants in Newburyport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Essex St.
Description: Welcome To Brine! Newburyport's First Oyster, Crudo and Chop Bar! We have differant oysters available each and every day, the freshest seafood selections, and prime beef selections from the butcher. Enjoy live shucking behind our bar as well as intriguing seafood preparations created daily by our Chefs. Brine serves dinner until 10:30pm Monday- Wednesday, and 11:45pm Thursday- Sunday. We are also open for lunch Saturday & Sundays 12:00-4:00pm. The interior is beautifully decorated with notes of stainless steel and a beautiful marble bar as the focal point. Come enjoy a delicious meal with us at the bar or a table and relax a bit, in our fun, upbeat cozy spot right in the center of State Street!
Connecticut
“Find in Newburyport! They are doing great things here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Went to lunch here and had the most amazing meal. et the fresh Oysters for sure.. excellent..The tuna crudo was excellent, I really enjoyed the wonderful flavors and presentation. The green and white asparagus salad was perfect. Fantastic flavors blending together with lemon and olive oil pudding dollops....fabulous idea! The clam chowder with whole clams and a chunk of the most flavorful and melt in your mouth pork belly. WOW! I just went to heaven. My husband had the fried oyster po boy and ate each bite slowly to savour the flavors. ( we go to New Orleans every year just for the fried oyster po boys and this one was a hit!) The very friendly and informative and super pleasant waitress suggested a wonderful Spanish Rose to accompany our meal. Oh boy ....so good. We really really enjoyed this meal and want to tell everyone to check it out...so worth it. From some real foodies...trust us, this place is a real find!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Phenomenal ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Service is outstanding! Our server recommended oysters and made a great call. Love that they offered this delish habenero sauce. Salmon crudo was light and amazing. I also requested a custom cocktail which the staff more than willingly jumped to make (request: vodka, light fruit, soda) outcome: can't even taste the vodka, pineapple, splash cran. Boom. Amaz

Boston, Massachusetts
“was recommended to me and lived up to its reputation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

It was amazing. We had a sampler of the fresh oysters and a drink to go along! The service was great! We really enjoyed ourselves and will definitely be going back!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice seafood joint in the middle of Newburyport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We've been here twice now (once for dinner and once for lunch) and both times the food was very good. Most recent time for lunch I ordered the chowder and oysters and my husband had the oyster po boy. All were very good - especially my chowder! Not overly creamy or thick - but packed full of flavor. I really liked the leeks in it. The food is consistently very good.

Service - both times I've found it less than great and a bit above okay. Just not very attentive and hard to track down a server. The first time we went I think it was because the place was packed - this last time I'm not sure what the issue was.

Atmosphere - I have mixed opinions. I like the brick and that it feels warm. On the other hand it is tiny and the table are really squished together. It's like musical chairs to get in and out of your seat.

Will we go again - sure.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
“Surf and turf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The menu at Brine has food for your non seafood lover too. Try the Ribeye if your not going to one of there expertly prepared specials and don't forget the Oysters.

Visited May 2014