“Perfect lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
shrewsbury
“Perfect lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We took my mother out for her birthday this past Sunday. Great location and nice, attractive setting. It was around 2:30pm and the place was busy, but we were able to get a table for 6 with no wait. We had the fresh thai rolls, spring rolls and crab rangoons for apps and all were delicious. I'm not a big fan of the crab rangoons, but those who ate them enjoyed the taste. All came out well presented and tasted great. I also ordered a mai tai - it was perfect, and I was surprised by how strong it was. For dinner we ordered 2 pad thai's, 1 country pad thai (menu said it would be spicy, but didn't find it spicy at all), and an eggplant dish. Everything was fresh, good size, and tasty. To top it off, they had a live guitarist playing background music, no singing, just guitar. The service was very quick and food came out in good time. All in all - ambience, friendly, fresh and tasty. Will definitely return. For 5 meals, 3 apps, 1 alcohol drink, and 4 other regular drinks - bill without tip came to $82. Good deal in my mind. Enjoy.

Visited November 2012

Newburyport, MA
“Ample, good food, but NOISY!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I tried this new Thai restaurant last Saturday night (mid-August, 2012). It recently replaced a mediocre Thai restaurant in that same location. The food was good and served in large portions. We ordered a pad thai entrée and another noodle dish with beef. The noise, however, was deafening. No, worse than deafening. And my husband is hard of hearing. The decor was pleasant, but all wood and some metal and nowhere to absorb any sound. Chatter and clatter are usual for a crowded restaurant on a Saturday night; this was extreme and horrible. Even the waitress said she was going deaf. We had to shout to order. I mentioned the highly unpleasant noise level to the hostess. She said it was "just a busy night." Next time, we will buy an appetizer and share one entrée - and it will be takeout for home where we can actually talk to one another!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Fresh Food Cooked with Care”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Some of the best Thai fare I've ever eaten. The vegetables were obviously selected with care. The atmosphere was delightful and modern.

Visited October 2012
Branford
“Fresh and innovative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had lunch last weekend at this gem. We found the service to be fast and responsive and the atmosphere comfortable and relaxing. The food is terrific - even my fiance, who does not typically enjoy Thai, really enjoyed his meal. We split an order of fresh Thai rolls and an order of spring rolls - both delicious and well prepared. He enjoyed his beef gaprow wrap and I loved the basil fried rice. Highly recommend!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Excellent Thai food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have made this our regular Saturday lunch spot for the last couple of months. The staff is delightful, we've had the same young man a number of times(I meant to ask his name the last time we were there and did not). He welcomes us by offering our"usual" table and always remembers my favorite entree-Gaprow chicken with brown rice-I love it so much that I can't get past it on the menu. The Fresh rolls with shrimp are delicious as well. My hubby loves the Pad Thai and cashew chicken. The food is so fresh and wonderfully prepared to order. I was a big fan of the Thai food done by the previous occupants but the service was lackluster at best. Brown Sugar by the Sea is the best of both worlds. Great food and service. Can't wait for colder weather to check out some of the noodle soups.