“Pleasant but uneven experience” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 87 Restaurants in Newburyport
Cuisines: Vegan
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: We are an award winning quick-serve vegan cafe that offers fresh juices, smoothies, quinoa bowls, wraps, salads and amazing vegan desserts. We also offer vegan food prep classes, juice cleanses and raw food detox programs throughout the Boston area.
New England
“Pleasant but uneven experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is a charming place to stop for a vegetarian/vegan-friendly lunch. Our party was excited by the menu, tho ultimately of mixed feelings about the food.

The kale chips, as noted by other reviewers, are a high point. Meals came with a generous portion. Our party enjoyed the quinoa bowls very much; a nice mix of grains and verggies - they tried the revitalive bowl and the mexi bowl.

The wraps, while full of tasty ingredients, suffered from being gluten-free and grain-free. I bet they'd be a big hit among the gluten-free-needing crowd, but if you don't have to be gluten-free, these were a bit of a disappointment. My husband enjoyed his falafel wrap, and I thought my un-tuna was just ok; not very tuna-like and not that great in its own right.

The chai latte was a gritty disaster. None of us tried the juices, which range from 5-10 dollars each.

We also did not try the desserts and confections, which I regret because they looked dazzling. That (plus the kale chips) might make it worth a repeat visit....

The building has a bookshop, bike store, and other little shops to browse while you wait for your order. The tables are outside the shop in the corridor. They are not cleaned too frequently. But otherwise seating was quite pleasant.

Overall - worth visiting,get the bowls, skip the wraps, double up on the kale chips, go for dessert and tell me about it!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Revitalive, Owner at Revitalive Cafe, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on your experience with Revitalive. We appreciate our customer feedback and work hard to improve based on the information you provide. While we are a cafe that caters to the gluten-free/grain-free crowd, that is not an excuse for a sub-par customer experience. It sounds like the chai latte was prepared incorrectly and we are happy to provide another drink on us next time you visit. We are making several menu changes so keep an eye out for the updated menu. We hope to see you again.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice place, good people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

A good family atmosphere with nice service. I wasn't able to share the experience with my wife, but next time she is with me on travel, I plan on taking her there.

Visited December 2011
Amesbury, Massachusetts
“Kale Chips are wonderful!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

If you are looking for packaged trail walking, running, or fat burning treats, then this is the place for you! Great selection and the kale chips were fantastic!

Visited March 2012
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Superb food and smoothies/shakes - not just for vegans - but fantastic gluten-free food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Recently discovered because our neighbour told us about this gluten-free location in Newburyport, even though we live 70miles away. When I had the chance to pass by I called in and brought home two of their wonderful wraps. We follow a gluten-free lifestyle and it is always marvelous to enjoy wraps - Revitalive make theirs from flax and they are wonderful. We also enjoyed a dairy-free milk shake and a lovely fruit smoothie. The cafe is located in a wonderful area of Newburyport called the Tannery - consisting of a number of old mill-style buildings converted into a host of wonderful little stores. It is fairly pricey, but I am always happy to pay more for quality ingredients that are combined so well. You should give this place a try even if you are not vegan or following a gluten/dairy-free lifestyle. The food is very tasty and very good for you.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
salisbury
“Great Healthy Cafe in Newburyport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

This place is so cute and the menu is really affordable for organic, raw vegan food. The menu is small and not intimidating like some raw vegan places I have visited. The staff is really friendly and helpful. I had the mini pizzas and really enjoyed them. The cookies and cream smoothie was amazing. I had to restrain myself from getting another one. I am excited to see that healthy options are available near my home:) I will definitely be back for more.

• 5 of 5 stars Food