“A beautiful inn in the center of downtown Newburyport” 5 of 5 stars

Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Brown Square, Newburyport, MA 01950   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Newburyport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“A beautiful inn in the center of downtown Newburyport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Garrison Inn during July 2010 while visiting family in Newburyport. The inn is absolutely beautiful inside and out--the rooms, each unique--are clean and fitted with gorgeous antique furniture and decor. Our room had wooden shutters, brick accents, and a large flat-screen television. The location, for Newburyport, cannot be beat, as parking is free (often, difficult to come by in downtown Newburyport, especially during the summer), and shops are just steps away. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

From the time of my arrival until my departure, I found my stay at the Garrison Inn extraordinary. The room was immaculate and fully stocked, the complimentary breakfast was more than adequate, and the staff was pleasant and knowledgeable. It is a lovely destination, and I would not think twice about staying at the property again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Milford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

We love coming here because we can park the car and then enjoy a nice stroll to the shops and resturants.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Concord, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

Every year, friends and I go away for a weekend to celebrate birthdays and do some holiday shopping. This was our third year traveling to Newburyport and participating in the Holiday Shopping Weekend. The inn where we usually stay was unavailable but we were very happy at the Garrison Inn! The rooom was spacious, great location, staff was personable and friendly. We loved the continental breakfast! We never made it to the exercise gym but there is a ftiness center available across the street and with a pool. This will definitely be our first choice in the future!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

I travel a lot on business an have stayed in many hotels over the years I would deffinately recommend this to any traveler looking for an interesting place with tangible services and historical and hip character. In particular I enjoyed the large lap pool and the the proxmity to downtown as there are lots of restaurant choices in the area. I plan on returning with my wife and kids this summer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I have stayed at other inns in Newburyport and I have finally found where I belong. Lovely staff, service, atmosphere and quite a suprise to have such variety offered at their free breakfast. Beautiful room and super quiet location. I didn't want to leave and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

My husband and I have been coming to the Garrison Inn for about 8 years. I suspect there has been a management change because things are on going downhill fast at this Inn. Service used to be great . . . now the front desk is manned by clueless and/or surly folks who absolutely hate to have their texting or net surfing interrupted to deal with a question or problem. Also, unfortunately our room (all rooms??) are clearly only given minimal cleaning. Anything that is slightly above eye level is dusty and dirty, debris can be found under cushions (2 almonds, candy wrappers, etc.) and beds. The not-very-firm mattress squeaked, the shower was dismal, drawer pulls were missing from drawers, etc. etc. Finally, I travel on business quite a bit and this is the first time I was charged a "cancellation fee" when I cancelled and re-booked 3 weeks prior to my stay. Plus, beware of the "Guest Service Fee," a $42 add-on which is not quoted as part of the regular rate + taxes. I love Newburyport and I used to love The Garrison Inn but there are many other inns in town which are hopefully charming yet clean and staffed by people who actually want to help you. A major disappointment this time. We won't be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!