“Superb French Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Superb French Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Located in a historical converted and expanded farmhouse, originally built in the early 1920s, the restaurant offers a diverse and creative menu as well as an extensive wine list. Service was friendly and attentive and the food was excellent.

Visited July 2014

Des Moines, Iowa
“French food in rustic setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had dinner here on my trip to the Berkshires with my sisters. The dinner was just excellent. We had the tournedos bearnaise and the sliced beef tenderloin. The meats were done to perfection, as were the side dishes. But of course, it's the sauces that really set them apart from just very good. As with most places we went for dinner, we couldn't possibly each eat a whole meal, so our usual solution was to share a meal and an appetizer. At this restaurant, however, the shared plate charge was quite significant and so we each ordered our own meal. Since we were traveling, there was no use in taking left overs home so we had to leave some excellent food behind. The building is quite rustic. It is very woodsy inside and out. That made the room fairly dark, but still cozy and welcoming. The service was excellent - friendly and attentive. We enjoyed our visit to Mill on the Floss. The fine food made it worth the extra cost.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amsterdam, New York
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Sat by the fire on a cold night. Celebrating our 40th anniversary. Service was top shelf the meal was as good as it gets and having made a special request when making my reservation (a fresh red rose). Without question or a pause. We will certainly return.

Visited March 2014
NY
“AMAZING GEM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I ate at the Mill on the Floss on our recent Ski Vacation up at Jiminy Peak in Hancock Mass. Our meal at the Mill on the Floss was not only the best meal we had that trip, but one of the better meals I've experienced at a restaurant. The atmosphere is like a cozy ski lodge - with warm decor and a crackling fireplace; it is truly inviting. The food and cocktails were superb. We split the escargot for an appetizer, and literally licked up every bite. I had the sweetbreads for dinner - which were probably the best sweetbreads I've ever eaten. My husband's duck was perfectly cooked and seasoned. For desert, the blueberry cobbler and hazelnut cake were amazing, though the highlight was the specialty hot chocolates with just the right amount of sweetness and spirits. The service was friendly, attentive, and personable. I would HIGHLY recommend the Mill on the Floss to anyone visiting the Pittsfield, Williamstown, Hancock area and will certainly be returning on my next visit to Jiminy Peak.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Troy, New York
“Cozy French Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Some friends of ours have long lauded this restaurant as their favorite. We finally dined there last night and it was a wonderful evening -- a table by a roaring fireplace, cozy rustic decor, terrific service, tasty food, excellent wine selection. We'll be back!

• Visited March 2014