“Much better but take your winter coat!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Needham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Much better but take your winter coat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed here in July for a 5 day Business trip and could not fault the service from the staff. Very spacious well-equipped room and I once I had worked out how to control the air-con, a pleasant place to be.
Breakfast was not good value and although I had the same thing every morning, I was charged an extra $2.40 on one occasion. They added a service charge for some reason? The restaurant was also expensive for the type of food they served, but I saved up my $5 vouchers for opting out of room cleaning and splashed out on the last night! Nice meal with good service.The other nights I went to a local Asian restaurant which was very good (see separate review)
The one major issue I had was the air-con in the reception area and restaurant. It was hot outside, and when you come in the door you're hit with an icy blast which is pleasant for about 10 seconds. As long as you go straight to your room its fine, but if you decide to have a meal in the restaurant take your winter coat so that you don't freeze your bits off!

Green Features: If you're staying for a few days, save the $5 vouchers to get money off your bill in the restaurant
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Garry F, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. I thank you for the kind words you shared about the service level of our staff. I will be sharing this feedback with them. I do apologize you did not feel as if breakfast was a good value, and that you were overcharged on of the mornings. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please reach out to me directly at garry.fiore@sheraton.com where I will be more than happy to speak with you.

Have a wonderful day!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Commercial Township, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Just outside of Boston. Free shuttle to subway. The room was really nice. Pool and hot tub. Night time staff were very helpful when we got stuck at the subway station after their normal shuttle hours. Got me the transportation that I needed to get us back to the hotel. The hotel is very clean. The restaurant was a bit pricey for the type of food being served. They were also very short-staffed. Go somewhere else for breakfast. Parking garage is $12 per night, even though their website said $10.

Room Tip: No special views that I saw. Just a small town on all sides.
Green Features: They offer a green package that allows you to forego housekeeping while you stay. They give you $5 to spend at the hotel for accepting this.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Good Day!

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted we were able to secure the necessary transportation you needed to return to the hotel after the hours of our shuttle. Thank you for pointing out the error on our website, i will be sure to have that corrected. We truly hope to see you back at the Sheraton Needham in the near future.

Safe Travels!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My family was there for Boston College football camp. It was only 15 minutes away. We enjoyed the hotel tremendously for 3 nights.The price was excellent, except for the $12 parking everyday. There are a lot of restaurants close by.

• Stayed June 2014
Hi There!

Thank you very much for the feedback you provided us from your recent Sheraton Needham experience. We are delighted to have exceeded your expectations. I have passed along the kind words with the rest of the team. We hope to see you back at the Sheraton Needham in the very near future. Until then, travel safe and live well!

Garry S. Fiore
new England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We recently stayed here as we were attending a friends son's wedding. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Ideally located for transport into the city. Pool area was good. Pillows were really comfortable Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello!

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted to have met your expectations during your stay. Thank you very much for the kind feedback about our staff. I will be sure to celebrate this comment with the team. We truly hope to welcome you back and connect with you again the next time you travel to the Greater Boston Area.

See you soon!

Western Mass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was a textbook stay for this Starwood Preferred Guest/Gold member. Ample complimentary parking (garage) and easy check-in at 1 AM for a very tired traveler. I had been already upgraded to club level/suite as per email from front office manager (thank you!) earlier in the day and encountered a most comfortable king bed and complimentary snacks/special desserts upon entering my room. The club level lounge was of course open around the clock for that much needed cup of hot tea. Room featured all the necessary amenities.

Breakfast in the club room featured excellent food and a variety of options including fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, fresh juices,etc. Core Performance Fitness room was clean, modern and featured free weights, treadmills and bikes. Did not go in the indoor pool, but did enjoy the indoor hot tub.

Excellent service from Karen in the Link Cafe, where I had lunch. The chicken wings were excellent and my clam chowder/BLT combo was delicious! Used coupon left behind by GM (thank you) for a free appetizer. Was able to take advantage of the late checkout.

Some minor details: There were no towels in the men's locker room (fitness room) bathroom. Also, directions for use of tv that's built in treadmills is out of date, although I was able to figure out how to use the remote to switch the channels.

Will return; this hotel know how to take care of all, especially SPG members.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Garry F, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hi There!

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are thrilled you were able to connect with our hotel while staying with us. As one of our valued Gold members, I want to personally thank you for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide along with our SPG program. I will be sure to share your feedback with Karen, and recognize her job well done. Thank you for pointing out the opportunites we had in our Sheraton Fitness so we may address these issues for our future guests. We truly hope to see you back at the Sheraton Needham in the near future.

Travel safe and live well.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed here for one night, travelling for business. Arrived late due to a late flight and then had to leave early in the morning. The check in and check out process was quick and easy. The room was clean, tidy and tasteful. Peaceful location and pleasant staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hi!

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and see us very soon! We look forward to welcoming you back.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I accidentally left a few belongings in a drawer in my room. My bad. I've called and emailed numerous times with no response.

Extremely frustrated! At least call me and tell me you don't have it. Which is totally fishy because I know exactly where I left the stuff. And it's not expensive stuff just a few of my favorite clothing items.

Please management address this issue.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please reach out to me directly at garry.fiore@sheraton.com and I will do my best to locate your missing items. I hope to hear from you soon.

Front Office Manager

Been to Sheraton Needham Hotel? Share your experiences!