“Great place to stay when visiting the Needham area” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Needham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Great place to stay when visiting the Needham area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We especially appreciated the personal service of Anne Engel. The service in the breakfast room was excellent. The waitress went out of her way to make things good for a large family party. We visit often in the area and are glad to have this place to stay. It's quiet -- off the main roads.

Room Tip: Ask not to be on the 1st floor under the gym.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Alison,

Thank you for your favorable review. Anne does a great job in following up on special requests and goes out of her way to personalize the guest experience and sounds like you had a similar positive interaction with another associate in the Link Cafe. I hope you will keep selecting us as your hotel of choice and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Gurki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have been here for 3 weeks now and the rooms and service have been consistently excellent.
The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful.
Ernie, the shuttle driver, is a wealth of information about local restaurants and activities.
He goes above and beyond in making sure guests feel appreciated and cared for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear John,

Sounds like you are enjoying your stay with us. Ernie is truly the ambassador of Sheraton Needham and does a great job of representing us. Our complimentary shuttle service is a great convenience to all our guest but Ernie’s customer service and professionalism definitely enhances the experience. if there is anything I can assist with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for years and have enjoyed my stay every time. The front desk staff including Ellie and Jacob are fantastic and really make you feel welcome. The bar staff is great including Cheryl and the new people. And they have a driver that will take you are to local shopping and restaurants. His name is Ernie and he is fantastic. He always has a smile on his face and a friendly greeting. He is also very knowledgable about the local are so go ahead and ask him for anything you need.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi Dave,

Thank you for your loyalty to the hotel and thank you for acknowledging Ellie, Jacob, Cheryl & Ernie for their exemplary & personalized service. I am indeed luck to have a great team of associates who are always trying to meet if not exceed guest expectations. I hope to see you back soon.

Rio de Janeiro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This tired property is located in an obscure location in the midst of an light industrial park. Even a GPS has trouble finding it, which should be a warning. The staff are uncaring and indolent, the rooms are adequate but not really clean, and they actually have the temerity to charge for parking when there is space all around. Nothing really justifies this hotel except taht there are no decent nearby options. I now stay in hotels near the airport or in the city even though my work brings me within a few blocks of this horrible hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like the opportunity to personally speak with you to better understand your perspective. My e-mail address is gurkirat.singh@sheraton.com and I look forward to speaking with you.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Sheraton is right next to the highway so convenient to all. The room is nice and quiet. The fitness room is very clean. The front desk is responsive and friendly. Coffee machine in the room is a nice touch. It would be nice to have coffee in the lobby area as well as a basic complimentary breakfast. Overall, good and convenient.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Yankee Fan,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and a favorable review. Hope to welcome you back when the Yankees are in town.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was reluctant to stay at this hotel, after reading a few of the reviews. However my son, husband and I were visitng BC and the coaching staff recommended the hotel. We were pleasantly surprised and wonder if there is someone out there trying to sabotage the hotel. The hotel had a beautiful lobby, elevators were around the corner from check-in and the staff was extremely friendly. While we were right off the highway, we did not hear any noise during our stay. The parking was closed since there were renovations going on, however guests were able to use an adjacent parking lot free of charge.

The only drawback, beds were double full beds opposed to double queens.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that you along with your family enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a great relationship with Boston College given our proximity to the college and that we are the football teams home during home game weekends. Hopefully you do select BC as it is a great college and we have the pleasure of welcoming you back often.

Austin.TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I did not love this hotel - for many reasons. I needed to navigate stairs to reach my room - not a big deal normally, except that with this trip I had luggage and about 6 FedEx boxes to carry, so it was a bit of a hardship. I had a connecting room (boo) on the ground floor (boo) and the room had so many safety features in it that it actually caused me to be concerned about safety. In all, a dated property - but, what can you do? Knock down a building every 10 years and create waste in remodeling just for our changing tastes? That is absolutely wasteful -- especially when the datedness can be offset through quality service.

Which brings me to ANNE ENGEL! Hip hip hooray for ANNE ENGEL! Here's my story -- I had FedEx boxes shipped to me in care of this hotel, and, most of the boxes arrived. One, however, did not arrive on time; and, of course, it was the one box I needed the next day. Not the hotel's fault, certainly. But even so, the hotel went out of their way to make sure I could be connected with my box, when it arrived the next day -- after I checked out.

The box did arrive the next morning. And, in all honesty, the hotel temporary lost the box for about 4 hours. So that was a tad disappointing. But, once they found it, we had made arrangements for a cab to drive the box to where I was, where I would then pay the cab driver.

Anne, the hotel shuttle bus driver, told the front desk staff that that was ridiculous -- that the hotel was responsible in part for the box being delayed in its delivery to me, and, needed to honor its role in that problem. So, she took the shuttle bus out to where my meeting was and personally delivered the box to me. This was, I'm sure, a considerable inconvenience for her, but it was greatly appreciated by me. And, frankly, if she had not done that, I don't think the box would have arrived in time for my meeting; as it was, I had about 45 minutes leeway between the box arriving, and my meeting beginning.

So - again, hip hip hooray for Anne, I say! And for the front desk staff overall!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Needham and for taking the time to provide you feedback and recognizing Anne for her guest service. Anne & the front desk team make it their goal to exceed guest expectations and it is always great to get guest feedback affirming their efforts. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Gurki

Been to Sheraton Needham Hotel? Share your experiences!