“Still a little dated based on my opinion...” 3 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Needham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Singapore
“Still a little dated based on my opinion...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Based on the recent reviews posted, Sheraton seems to have gone through a phase of renovation. I stayed for a day for Sheraton Needham in March and I was given a room with 2 double bed. The room was very big and clean, but it feels very dated still. I've stayed in the hotel pre-renovation, so I can't compare much.

The location is only good for business travellers since there are a number of offices located around the hotel. But it's 30 min drive from Boston Downtown and probably cost you about USD50 to get from the hotel to Boston downtown.

I probably wouldn't return to stay in this hotel unless I'm left without a choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

We just completed our renovation in Jan 2013. The renovation was a complete guest room. funtion rooms and lobby renovatin. The scope in the guest rooms invoved demolition to the studs followed by installion of new tubs, new tile tub surrounds, new tile floor, new vanity top, new fixturer, new closets with Sheraton signature wood closet doors, in room safes, all new furnishing, carpet, lights, 37" flat screen HD T.V., jack pack for guests connect their mobile devices to the T.V. and the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. So you can imagine my surprise with your comment about the dated product, I would love to get more feedback and I can be reached at gurkirat.singh@sheraton.com.

In regards to location we are conveniently located off highway 128/ 95 as well as route 9. We also offer a complimentary 5 minute Sheraton Shuttle ride to the T- station in Newton or the Commuter rail in Needham for easy access to Boston.

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here over one night and had an above average experience.

The staff are friendly and responsive, the rooms met expectations, and the restaurant/bar was great.

There isn't much of a lobby, as it quickly transitions to the restaurant, but the open concept works.

It wasn't very busy when I was there, but if there ever was a line, this might be a problem.

Parking is $10 per night which is a a bit steep. I always believe that parking should be included, but whatever.

• Stayed March 2013
Hello Medicaaron,

Thank you for choosing us. I know you have many options but in my very biased opinion we are the best and definately the newest product on the 128 belt. As you mentioned we provide fresh/ clean/ modern accomodations supported by a very friendly/ professional staff. I am glad you like the new layout of the lobby comprising of our Link Cafe, Bar & Grab &Go. We have not had any issues with lines as there are 100 plus seats for our guests to relax, network, enjoy a meal or just catch up with work or family on the Link powered by microsoft 8 computers. We do charge for our covered parking which is a big plus given the severe winter storms and we do offer rates which include parking. We try to be midfull of the fact that not everyone drives so not all rates are inclusive of parking.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and if I can be of any assistance with a future stay please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gurkirat.singh@sheraton.com.
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I just returned from a one week stay at this hotel. I've stayed in this hotel several times since 2005 and have experienced the GREAT renovation in all areas. Lobby and social areas are really nice and clean. My room was spacious and CLEAN. In terms of the staff, Everyone was friendly and helpful. Prior my arrival Charlie helped me schedule my stay in a very efficient and personalized way. Upon arrival, Ernie who is the concierge-shuttle driver helped me to get my way around. Ann who works in the executive office was very helpful . All the ladies at the front desk, personnel at the restaurant/bar were very efficient and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel. To any friend going to MA.
The lobby is equipped with a state of the art computer area with printer facility that helps a lot. I am looking forward to my next visit!
My only observation id that the elevator could be a bit better to be according to the huge renovation the hotel have been thru.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 435 very quiet and nice room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hello Raquel,

Hope you had a safe trip back to Santo Damingo. Thank you for your feedback on Anne, Charlie & Ernie, they are superstars and get mentioned offten for going above and beyond. I am lucky to have a very passionate and engaged team who are always tring to exceed guest expectaions. Sounds like you like out brand new Link with the state of art Microsoft 8 touch screen terminals avaible to all our guests complimentary to stay in touch with work or family while enjoying a starbucks coffee or a glass of 90+ rated wine spectator wines from out link cafe. In regards to your observation about the elevator you are correct they need to be modernized and that has started. I look forward to your next stay with us.
Harwich, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Needham for 2 nights as I was taking the CFP exam at the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located right off I-95 and a short drive to the center of town. The front desk staff was gracious and accommodating upon my arrival, even calling my room after I checked in to make sure everything was to my satisfaction. The room was modern and clean, with spectacular prints of Boston in the bed and bathrooms. I had dinner at the bar both nights, and the same bartender was on duty both nights. She was funny and engaging, and checked on the status of the exam each time I saw her. The meeting room itself was private and quiet, the perfect environment for such a rigorous test. Thank you for a comfortable room, helpful staff, good food and a quiet meeting room! The perfect environment for passing my exam!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sure that taking the CFP exam is stressful and we take our responsibility of providing a relaxing environment during the two days of testing very seriously. I am sure you did great in the exam and we have the pleasure up toasting your success in our Link Cafe & Bar.

Hackettstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hotel is very well maintained. The staff is exceptional, always putting the customer 1st!, with that said I would like to give a special thanks to Ms. Anne Engel of the executive office, for understanding & taking care of my needs. If anyone ever has a problem here, just ask for her and she will be more than glad to take care of your concerns or needs!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello Chris,

Thank you for your complimentary review & I agree that I am very lucky to have an exceptional team who are always trying to exceed guest expectations. Anne Engel is my assistant and she takes the lead in owning guest requests and is a true advocate for our guests in ensuring that they get what they ask for.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel isnt bad, but its not the best Sheraton I've stayed at in my life. The lobby has a great deal of energy and people were always enjoying it and having fun. The rooms were also nice, with a couch and a nice TV. The room service was prompt too - something you don't see too often. Overall - I enjoyed my stay and will be back. The service was always with a smile and the team worked hard to earn my respect.

I found the front desk to be a bit slow, but that seemed to be more of an IT issue than a service issue. The room service menu isnt bad, general burgers and salads - but did not blow me away. The lounge here needed a bit of work. There was no soda's in the fridge, something I would expect from a lounge. The parking garage is very annoying, especially for luggage and getting to your car day in and day out.

Overall, I will be back sometime in the near future and appreciate the accommodations the staffed showed me in Needham.

Hello,

Having read your review, sounds like you enjoyed the atmosphere in our newly renovated re-conceptualized Lobby & Link Cafe. As you pointed out that the lobby has energy as we want to provide all out guests an environment where they can relax and re-connect with their work or families using the state of art link computers or working on your mobile device while enjoying a glass of wine or a cup of coffee. I am also pleased that our phenomenal staff went out of their way to exceed your expectations. Your comments about adequately stocking sodas in the club lounge is duly noted as well. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hillsborough, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have stayed here a few times on business because it's convenient in terms of location. The recent renovation has definitely made a difference in the overall feel -- there's a nice looking bar now in the lobby, for example. I can understand why other reviewers have said this is just an average hotel and that it's overpriced, but it IS the only game in town. That's supply and demand, folks! I booked a rate that included parking and Wi-Fi, so I felt I got a good deal all things considered. Yes, it's on a hill, and the parking deck is a bit of a pain. Room service was average. But the rooms are spotless, the beds are really comfortable (woke up without back pain for the first time ages), and the staff could not be more welcoming and accommodating, which is why I'm giving this the extra "bubble."

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gurki S, General Manager at Sheraton Needham Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the very candid feedback. I do feel we have a modern, updated, clean product which is supported by great service culture and sounds like you agree and had an enjoyable stay. Our sweet sleeper beds are truly the hidden gem as they are built to 5 diamond AAA specs and are the key to having an enjoyable night of sleep. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Gurki

Been to Sheraton Needham Hotel? Share your experiences!