“Ants Bread and Eggplant” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spiga Trattoria Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 57 Restaurants in Needham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highland Avenue, Next to TD Bank
Boston
“Ants Bread and Eggplant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We ate at Spiga in April 2014. After eating some of the bread my wife noticed a big black ant crawling in the bread basket. The server came over to investigate what the commotion was all about. He saw the ant picked it up with his fingers, dropped it on the floor and squashed it with his foot. He then took the bread basket away and brought us a fresh one. I was very surprised that the server did not offer an apology in fact he said nothing at all about the ant. I thought maybe the manager or chef might drop by our table to offer an apology but that was not the case. We should have walked out at that point but decided to stay. I ordered the eggplant which was in my opinion excellent yet overpriced. I did send an email to Spiga and the chef regarding our dining experience but never received a response. While I enjoyed my meal I did not enjoy the experience and would not eat at Spiga again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Wonderful Italian restaurant with great food and service. The soup of the day was amazing and the Tagliatelle all Bolognese was fantastic. Go there when you are in Needham.

Visited April 2014
Needham, Massachusetts
“Superb, authentic Italian (better than the North End)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The food at Spiga is by far the best, and most authentic Italian meal I've had. You won't find "chicken parm" or "spaghetti and meatballs". The pasta dishes are tasty and cooked perfectly. It gets quite crowded on weekends (they're closed Sundays), so I try to go there on early in the week. They have their own parking lot, and in the evening you can park in the office buildings across from the entrance if the parking is full. Overall we had a very nice experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Whata great find!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Outstanding food. Superb service. Ambience was perfect. Great wine list. Could not ask for more and cannot wait to go back!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Try the Bolognese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stopped here by looking for a place to eat dinner near my hotel. I was pleasantly surprised! The pappardelle Bolognese was very good and the asparagus, prosciutto, egg, cheese and shallot appetizer was Delicious. I'll be back again!

• Visited March 2014