“Great Hotel & Perfect Wedding Venue!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Natick
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Great Hotel & Perfect Wedding Venue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The Verve – Crowne Plaza Hotel is a hip, chic, stylish hotel that reshaped my view of what a Crowne Plaza Hotel can be!

I held my wedding at The Verve – Crowne Plaza Hotel in March 2014 and stayed that evening in a guest suite. I cannot say how amazing this wedding was! The hotel hosted both the ceremony and the reception. During the planning stages, in the months leading up to the wedding, the staff was so responsive and helpful; the staff guided me and helped make great choices to be certain the event was flawless. They were responsive to last-minute changes also, which helped more than words can convey. The staff always returned telephone calls or answered emails promptly; I felt like the staff was as invested in this event as I was.

The ceremony was beautiful! The hotel set up the room perfectly; I heard comments regards the chairs being very comfortable. The setting was intimate and private in one of the hotel’s smaller event spaces. The room was clean and well-maintained; it was also easily accessible for one of our guests who was mobility-impaired.

The event flowed seamlessly in the reception. The hotel did the most wonderful job setting up the reception space. Every single comment I heard was how unique and different this wedding was, because of it being held at The Verve – Crowne Plaza Hotel and the character that the hotel has. The food was prepared in-house by the hotel’s Food & Beverage Team who did the most wonderful job. A grilled chipotle chicken breast that was delicious and a boneless braised shortrib that was fork-tender. Everyone – literally everyone – commented on the quality of the food. The hotel Food & Beverage Team also accommodated some guests with food sensitivities; they did so graciously and discretely, which was very important to me so as not to make the guest feel “out of place.” The hotel also set up the most amazing ice cream sundae bar to be served with the cake; it was classy and elegant. The staff made certain the guests were comfortable and enjoyed the wedding.

The hotel also worked very well with my outside vendors. I had a florist and DJ who required some assistance from the hotel with location and set-up. The hotel was gracious and worked closely with the vendors to see that this wedding came together perfectly, as it did.

We also stayed overnight on the Executive Level, along with many other guests who stayed the night after the wedding on various floors in various room types. The room was large and spacious. The hotel left a special “welcome gift” for us upon our arrival. We had requested Food & Beverage items, all of which were set up prior to us checking-in. The hotel allowed us to check-in early so we could get ready for the wedding; they also allowed a late check-out the next day to accommodate our departure flight time. The bedding was “to die for” because it was so soft and so comfortable. The bath amenities were of the highest quality – TempleSpa – which is far better than most hotels. The bathroom was somewhat small, but very clean and had great lighting. The room had areas to sit and didn’t feel cramped at all. The room also had a safe, which was nice for our valuables while we were at the wedding. The wet bar was very convenient and a nice amenity to have. The mini-fridge was most helpful. Since it was our wedding night, the staff arranged a very special and very romantic turn-down service which greeted us upon our return to our room. Rose pedals were spread thru the room and chocolate covered strawberries were provided. It was beautiful; simply beautiful. The following morning we ordered in-room dining for breakfast; it was hot, delicious, and promptly delivered.

I cannot say enough about the guest services staff. They were so attentive to every detail. The accommodated all of my guests’ requests during the overnight stay. Every interaction that I had with Guest Services was perfect; they were polite, kind, and very helpful. They went “above and beyond” in so many ways. We found that we had forgotten a very important item when we arrived at the hotel; the guest services staff were able to – somehow – procure this item we needed and “save the day.” The staff alerted us to construction on-route to the airport and printed us alternate directions to use prior to use leaving. Check out was prompt and efficient.

The Verve – Crowne Plaza Hotel exceeded my expectations in every possible way! For both the wedding and overnight stay, I couldn’t have asked for more or asked for better. The staff and the hotel made a very special day just perfect!

If you find yourself in need of a hotel in Natick, or a place to hold an event, The Verve – Crowne Plaza Hotel is that place! I would most certainly host another event here and I will stay in the future!

Room Tip: The hotel's 6th floor is the "Quiet Zone" which is great to avoid excess noise and get...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Fly_Away_11,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your glowing feedback! It was a pleasure working with you and hosting such a beautiful wedding. It is truly rewarding to hear that our staff's efforts were recognized and we were able to be part of such a memorable evening. We are grateful for your praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. Your wonderful comments have been shared with our entire staff. As an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Ambassador, we appreciate your loyalty. We are delighted we were able to exceed your expectations!

Congratulations to you both and we wish you the best! We look forward to your return.

Assistant Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Westchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here for a family event and was pleasantly surprised by a very nice redesign of the rooms and the common spaces.
Took the T into Boston, was an easy (though 25 minute) ride. Overall, if you need to be in Natick Mass, stay here. Called the Verve Crown Plaza.

• Stayed April 2014
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear KGZWestchester,

We are so happy to hear that enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our renovations and also for taking the time to share this with other travelers.

We hope to host you again next time you are in Natick!

Natick, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Wow! Where do I begin? I booked a one night stay during Valentine's day weekend for myself and my husband of 10 years as a surprise night away from the kids. Unfortunately, I booked it through Expedia and there was a huge snow storm that weekend keeping us homebound with the kids. After going back and forth with Expedia to switch to the following weekend to the 22nd, I had no success. I called the hotel and spoke with Felix....What an amazing customer service experience! Felix stayed on the phone with me for almost 45 minutes while Expedia, which was on three way sorted out their issue. I never expected for Expedia to have such difficulty providing the service I needed. I was even more surprised that Felix, from the Crowne Plaza kept his professional demeanor the whole time and patiently sorted out dates with me to make sure that our night out could actually happen.
As a mom of three, I can't tell you how nice it is when you can actually take one evening for yourself. I was so impressed with Felix's customer service that I never forgot his name. The Crowne is close to home for us so easily accessible if we needed to get back home. We had never been there before. The decor right from the entrance is beautiful and very chic. It could easily be a New York lounge type space.
When we came in we were very kindly greeted by the desk duo Markus and Paulina. I hoped I spelled that correctly ;)
These two employees were so helpful. They firstly were able to answer every single question we had. The told us about everything we could do in the hotel first. After asking if we could have a room to a corner of a hall (to avoid being a semi noisy room-heehee), we were upgraded to one of the business class corner rooms. It was a beautiful room with a nice view that overlooked all of the lights at the mall. I loved the city like scene.
Markus and paulina told us about the Pantry which had a wine tasting that was going for a few hours, we enjoyed a mussel appetizer that was incredibly tasty. We then asked them about the bar "Violet Thorn", also a very chik look. The Dj was there later that night pumping great beats. The bartender Leanne was so sweet and polite. She delivered excellent service and payed us quite a bit of attention. She made us a mean 007. It was sooooo good.
After multiple trips to our new friends at the service desk, we found out that the hotel offers a shuttle that would take us anywhere within two miles. We crossed over to the mall and ate at PF Changs. Afterwards the van picked us up. There was no wait, our driver showed up in under 10 minutes!
Our room was beautiful. When I first booked the room, I didn't think the description really detailed much of a difference between a room and a buisiness class room. While I never got to see the room I rented, I knew immediately that we would be back much more often and it would be to the executive room.
We had an amazing time but the service there was everything!!!! It made our stay much more pleasurable. We had a great time laughing with the staff and got to spend the much needed time alone in a great ambiance.
We plan to make our trips there frequently, Hands down the best time to go is during the weekend. While the hotel itself is quieter, it did not deter the staff from proving the best sevice around!!!!
We would definitely reccomend this place to anyone looking for a great place to stay. We are looking forward to making this a home away from home :)

Room Tip: Executive rooms are incredible.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Amy A,

We are thankful for your glowing feedback and honored to serve guests like you! Your wonderful comments have been shared with Felix, Markus and Paulina and I'm so happy to hear they were able to make your experience a memorable one. Thank you for sharing your comments on our guest rooms, restaurant, and customer service with other travelers.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next get-a-way!

ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We found the crown Plaza Natick ( The Verve) last year and have stayed here several times since then, when visiting family in Boston. It is very conveniently located near the Mass Pike so getting into town takes about 20 minutes, depending on traffic. The property is immaculately kept, and the staff has always been very gracious to us.The rooms are very modern We enjoy the convenience of having a quick breakfast at The Pantry and staff there has been accommodating to wishes for egg whites, rather than the scrambled eggs that are offered on the breakfast buffet. The last time we were there, "The Smitherings" were playing in the lobby so it was packed and pretty noisy. We arrived to the hotel at about 9:30 and went to our room to relax. Fortunately, we could not hear any of the music from downstairs in our room. Someone had adjusted the button on the back of our tv , unbeknown to us and the tv would not work properly. We called down to the reception desk, and we were asked if we wanted to change rooms. As we did not, since we were already settled, someone came up immediately and remedied the situation. We had previously enjoyed drinks at The Violet Thorn, on other occasions, but it did not work this time. The rooms are spacious and modern and wifi is provided at no additional cost. The property has a funky, kitschy vibe that we appreciate.Front desk staff are very helpful and courteous. We look forward to returning when we are visiting family again. Thanks ,Crown Plaza Natick- The Verve !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear 1diva,

We are so pleased you had an enjoyable stay and delightful interaction with our staff! I'm so glad we were able to remedy the situation. Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments with others. We hope to welcome you back upon your next visit!

East Hartford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My wife and I returned to this hotel for the first time after several years. The hotel has been renovated and has a great new look. The staff were very helpful and although we were there for only one night we are sure to return the next time we are in the Boston area.

Dear Cthusky322,

Thank you so much for trying us out again! We really enjoyed having you and your wife stay at the hotel and are glad you had a delightful experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I would like to say thank you to Melaine she was amazing. She helped me in my travels get to the hotel since I was lost. She was calm in a crazy point of my travels. Thank you for getting me their. You are lucky to have amazing associate to represent your Hotel.

Jill Weber

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jill W,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments! I really enjoyed helping you find us and having the chance to meet you! We hope to welcome you back soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

You really have to see past the ugly exterior, tradesman-like entrance and bizarre retro-public area to get inside and enjoy this hotel, as initially, we wondered what we booked into. The initial greeting on the reception also did not encourage us,as we were treated to that slightly arrogant, off-hand maaner that Americans sometimes show when dealing with Europeans.
The positive news is that the hotel is actually very good. We had rooms on the 7th floor which had been recently refurbished. It was good sized with extremely comfortable beds and free good quality broadband. There was even a TV in the bathroom but I'm not clear how well used a facility this is! Breakfast was very good and the bar facility was spacious and relaxing. Only slight issue with the rooms is the a/c has individual units in each room, which are always noisy when they kick in, particularly in the night when you are trying to sleep.
There is a very large mall just across the road with plenty good restaurants within a short and more within a short drive to suit all tastes e.g. Cheesecake Factory, Legal Seafood, Outback and more up-market restaurants fro those with larger budgets. The staff were generally very welcoming with time for a wave and a greeting or a quick chat and sorted out any issues quickly without any fuss. We would certainly go back next time we are in the area. Take care on the room rates as they vary significantly from night to night, so make sure you have a clear fixed price for all nights.

Room Tip: Not a location with great views - unless you like Malls - so try to get a Club room or refurbished r...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Euan M,

It was a pleasure having you here with us! We are happy you had the opportunity to take advantage of the fabulous shopping centers nearby. Thank you for sharing how pleased you were with our new Executive Floor rooms. We hope to see you again in the future!

Assistant Guest Services Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick? Share your experiences!