I figure management must beat the staff regularly, as the service was so unfriendly and unhelpful. Examples:
1) Called hotel front desk to ask about directions to hotel by train. Put on hold for 12 minutes. Front desk person told me to "come downstairs to the front desk & I'll tell you". Told her I was trying to GET to the hotel...and she could not give me directions. Her diction betrayed a clear lack of education. After two tries with the front desk, I elected to speak to "group sales" and got a very pleasant woman who worked in a regional office, not on-site. However, she was able to give me clear directions to the hotel by train within seconds.
Fun fact: what happens when you are put on hold is you get to listen to commercials raving about the hotel's great service. Then the phone rings a few times, but instead of a human answering the phone, you get dumped back into the commercials. This happens several times while you are waiting to speak to someone. Very suspenseful!
2) Was told there by the helpful woman in group sales that there was a shuttle that would pick up guests at the train station. This service is also advertised on the website. Told to call the hotel before the train arrived at West Natick station. Called 20 minutes before train arrived; the man who answered insisted I call when I got to the station. I told him that is not what I had been advised to do. Then he said OK, we'll be there when you arrive, but no shuttle was at the station. Called from the station; was put on hold for 12 minutes on a cold autumn night. Finally someone answered. Said the shuttle would be there in 10 minutes. Shuttle arrived 50 minutes after my first call from the train. The shuttle driver was the most pleasant of all the hotel staff I encountered. I felt sorry for him because apparently both shuttle vans were in the shop or something -- so there was only one vehicle available for guests.
3) Decor is a garish W hotel wanna-be nightmare. If you like barbershop chairs, neon and parking garages, you will love this place.
4) Individual heating/AC unit in room was so loud, it woke me up several times during each of my two-night stay.
5) Bottled water was not replaced by chambermaid. This represented lost revenue to the hotel of $3.
6) Wanted to sit and have a drink with colleagues in the lobby on a Saturday night, but the tables were dirty. I asked the front desk clerk to have them cleaned. When the housekeeper arrived, she cleaned one dirty table, but not the one we were sitting at. When I asked her if she could kindly wipe down our table, she snapped at us -- very loudly -- and walked away. Absolutely stunning. She reminded me of the actress who played "Momma" in THROW MOMMA FROM THE TRAIN.
7) On Sunday, I went to the Phoenix Room to look for a colleague, where breakfast had been served. I did not intend to have breakfast (very mediocre), but the minute I walked into the room, a hotel staffer felt a need to inform me brusquely, and in no uncertain terms, that the room was CLOSED FOR BREAKFAST and needed to be set up RIGHT AWAY for ANOTHER FUNCTION and that we NEEDED TO LEAVE. I believe a sane, courteous person might have asked first if I wanted to have breakfast and if I had said yes, she could have politely explained the situation.
8) I could not access the hotel's "complimentary" wi-fi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the finest hotel in MetroWest Boston, The Verve Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston-Natick. The hotel offers luxurious, comfortable surroundings with attentive, courteous service. All guestrooms offer complimentary high-speed Internet and our club floor features exceptional accommodations and personalized services for the more discerning guest. For those who are traveling from Logan Airport, the Logan Express Framingham bus service stop is conveniently located a mile away from the hotel. Strategically located 17 miles west of Boston, this hotel is conveniently located near visitor attractions such as The Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market, USS Constitution, Back Bay, and the North End and baseball can be enjoyed at the famous Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox. The Verve Crowne Plaza is located within one mile of five shopping malls, a wide variety of restaurants and two movie cinema complexes. The popular Natick Collection is located across the street from The Verve Crowne Plaza and has expanded to include Massachusetts' first-ever Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and a hundred specialty stores, luxury boutiques and dining options. When making your traveling plans to the Boston-Natick area, consider The Verve Crowne Plaza and check out our room packages such as our Boston Weekend Package, our Natick Collection Shopping Package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Reservation Counter and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Natick
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston