“Third Time A Charm!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Natick
ny
“Third Time A Charm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently visited our family in Boston for our grandson's fifth birthday party. We have stayed at The Verve, twice previous to this and each time we were provided with a lovely room , with exceptional service. This time the new Club floor was completed, and we were very pleased with the courtesy of an upgrade to a room on this floor, which provided modern new furnishings, flat screen televisions in the bedroom and bathroom, as well as a comfortable bed, and ample electrical outlets throughout the bedroom and bathroom.Housekeeping service was timely and a request for additional bath towels was promptly met.
We had breakfast at The Pantry, and the service was professional and very efficient.
While this property is about a 20 minute drive outside of Boston proper, the service, amenities and value more than compensate for the ride.
Check in and check out were handled very quickly and professionally.
We look forward to staying at The Verve again, when we visit our family in Boston.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear 1diva,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience staying on our newly renovated floor, the Executive Level! We are pleased you had the chance to enjoy some of the newly appointed touches we made to our 7th floor rooms and that it provided you a memorable experience. We are lucky to be in a prime location for shopping and dining and our complimentary shuttle offers guests a way to navigate the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you visit your family in Boston next time. Thank you again for your kind comments and we cannot wait for your 4th visit! We hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

was near the adress I needed to be for the weekend but was very happy with the hotel. Very trendy and had cool displays everywhere. Got an additional savings for booking 2 nights. Rooms were a little on the small side but were well appointed and staff was very accomodating

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear jerseyguy27,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the VERVE Crowne Plaza. I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable experience and enjoyed our trendy lobby décor and artwork! I regret to hear you found the rooms to be a bit on the small side but glad the variety of amenities we have to offer met your needs. I am also happy to hear you had wonderful interactions with our hotel staff!

We hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the future should your travels bring you back to the Metrowest area. Check our website for more special savings, as we always have exciting new deals to offer! When you are returning, please contact me directly and I will see if some of the other room types we offer may be more accommodating for your needs.

Rancho Cucamonga, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Arrived about 11 pm due to late flight, when tried to check-in there's no record of my reservation. Fortunately I brought my paper copy & my reservation was recreated into system. Reservation was made thru their IHG website. Front desk person apologized & offered free buffet breakfast. Breakfast was o.k.; scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, breads, juices, etc. The room was quiet so was able to get a good night sleep. Room was clean. Like other reviewers our TV remote would not work either and complaint was made to front desk at check-out. Later when credit card bill arrived I was charged for 2 rooms for 1 night. I called hotel directly to inquire about this, they apologized for their error & credit my account back. No explanation as to why this happened. Unsure if I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Check the TV remote before you unpack!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear 1travelingDad,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent visit. I am sorry to hear that upon check-in, the front desk was not able to locate your reservation you made directly on our website. I will look into this issue with IHG further. I also regret to hear that you had a less than satisfactory breakfast in our Pantry Restaurant, and have shared your comments with our kitchen and restaurant staff.

I am very happy you enjoyed a good nights sleep in our very comfortable, Crowne Plaza beds and that the room was quiet enough to meet your needs. I have shared your concerns regarding the TV remote with my maintenance staff.

While I am unsure of the reason for the billing issue, I am glad to hear that the front desk was able to get this fixed immediately. If you have the chance to discuss your stay in a bit more detail and look into why the billing issue occurred, please contact me directly and I will see why this happened. Next time you are in the area, I hope you will consider our hotel and allow me to set up your accommodations personally. (508-653-8800) Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Kindest Regards,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Maybe the bar is great but this is supposed to be a Crown Plaza and thus I had certain expectations for my one night stay. Like I'd expect a channel guide in my room and HD quality TV (nope). I expect my heat/air to work. I expect when they have me switch to a second room at 130AM that they'd make sure the thermostat worked in the second room, but it didn't (dead batteries). I'd expect the security guy they sent up would have an inkling as to how the thermostat works (he didnt) and I'd expect they'd have spare batteries (did not stay awake long enough to find out). I'd expect that when offered a complimentary breakfast my eggs would not run off the plate (gross). I'd expect that when I check out and ask to speak to a manager, one is present. I'd expect that when they offer to have him call me (after 3pm) that they ask for my phone number (which they did not have). After all that I did not expect the manager to call and those expectations were met. I will be calling the corporate office tomorrow.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Brian P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I regret to hear that your recent stay did not meet the level of expectations you have come to expect from the Crowne Plaza brand. All feedback is very important to us and plays a critical part in improving our service and the satisfaction of our valued guests. I apologize for the trouble you experienced relocating your room, and have shared your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance staff regarding the heating unit and thermostat. I have also spoken with the senior restaurant manager about the disappointing breakfast you had in our Pantry Restaurant.

I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable time in our Violet Thorn lounge. Our recent renovations of our lobby and lounge area provide a unique and trendy spot to relax and have a bite to eat.

When you are available, I would like to discuss your experience in more detail to ensure your satisfaction with our hotel. Please contact me directly (508-653-8800) or by email. I hope you will consider returning to the VERVE Crowne Plaza should your travels bring you back to the Metrowest area.

Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at this property this past weekend and did not have a good experience. Beyond the renovated lobby and restaurant, the rest of the hotel is dark and seedy, and in addition, short of staff. The rooms were very dusty. But the biggest problem was the noise of people partying late into the night and early morning (3:30 am!) beneath our rooms' windows. It was if they and all their cigarette smoke were in the rooms with us. We called the front desk, and nothing was done. I asked for the general manager when we checked out, but he was driving the shuttle bus. I left my name and phone number and called again and left a voice mail with no responses. I travel extensively to a range of hotels, and this is the first time I felt compelled to write a review like this. If I have to travel to this area again, I would choose the Hampton Inn or Courtyard by Marriott down the road.

Dear fouronthefly,

I regret to hear that your stay at the Verve Crowne Plaza did not live up to the expectations or level of service you have come to expect from the Intercontinental Brand. Thank you for sharing your experience, our team sincerely values all feedback as it is critical to our guest's satisfaction and provides us with an opportunity to address any concerns. I am glad to hear you had a positive experience in our Pantry Restaurant and that you enjoyed the hotel's recent renovations. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping department, as well as our security and overnight team in regards to the late night disturbance.

When you have a chance, please reach out to me directly by email or phone (508-653-8800) so that we can discuss your experience in more detail and ensure your satisfaction with our property. I hope you will consider returning to our property for your future travels to the Metrowest area so that our staff can deliver a quality and exceptional experience.

Kind regards,

Holden, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and i stayed here while visiting our daughter for the second time and both experiences were wonderful. Rooms were very clean and well appointed. We also loved the little breakfast restaurant, it is designed like a modern upscale diner and our server was very attentive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melanie F, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear patsfan138,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at the Verve Crowne Plaza Natick! We do have a truly unique property and I am glad you and your wife enjoyed your accommodations. We hope you decide to make this your home when visiting your daughter!

I will pass along your wonderful comments about your server in the Pantry, and am delighted to hear you enjoyed their delicious breakfast selection. I am happy to hear the modern décor added to your positive experience as well.

Thank you for your loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Grand Blanc, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a very good Hotel for Business meetings. has plenty of meeting rooms. If I were going to need a good place to plan a business meeting I would use this Hotel. But as far as a Hotel for staying a night or two because I am in the area I would not stay there. The room we had was nice, no fridge in it, but we could not sleep because of noises. People outside yelling and laughing until 230 am. Hearing the toilet run every 30 minutes, foot steps in the room above us. Also the TV remote was not working right. You had to press the power button so hard to turn the TV on I was pushing with a car key. Called front desk and a guy came up and said yes you have to push it real hard and left did not fix it. Once we got TV on we left it on the whole time we were there. Staff was not very friendly. Example when we were leaving pushing the cart with our luggage out past the front desk, women there did not say a word to us as we walked within 5 feet of her. not a good morning, Thank You, hope you enjoyed you stay, nothing. Business Hotel yes! Pleasure no!!!

Dear Carl J,

Thank you Carl for taking the time to share your experience at the VERVE Crowne Plaza. I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful experience at your meeting and with our banquet staff.

We are continuously looking for ways to improve so your feedback is very important to our management team. I have shared your comments about the noise disruption outside the room with our security and overnight staff and I regret that you did not get a full nights’ sleep I have also shared your issue regarding the TV remote and toilet running with our maintenance and housekeeping department so that this inconvenience may be prevented in the future.

Please reach out to me directly as I would like the chance to discuss your visit in more detail. If you are returning to the area whether for business or pleasure, I hope you will consider our hotel and I would be happy to set up your accommodations personally to ensure your satisfaction with the VERVE.

Assistant Guest Service Manager
mfaas@distinctivehospitalitygroup.com

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick? Share your experiences!