“Great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Natick
West Babylon, New York, United States
“Great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed at Crowne Plaza-Natick, Ma on 3/22/13, it was the first time in this hotel and area. A shuttle picked me up at the W.Natick amtrak sta. Dave, the driver was friendly, and gave me great help with a dilemma I had. Was going to a concert in Natick, but the shuttle only went in 2 mile radius, my show was 3 mi. away. Dave took me to the front desk and spoke with Peter (front desk), told him my problem. Between Dave & Peter, I had a shuttle rt to the show. Had dinner in the hotel's "The Pantry." Small, comfy bistro, my server (didn't get his name)_ friendly, attentive, but not annoying. The food I had was outstanding, fresh & delicious. Amazed at the quality for a hotel restaurant. The breakfast was fine, prices very reasonable, choice of buffet or regular order (which I chose) . Especially liked the server left a large carafe of coffee, but he would always be there to refill my cup. Nice fellow. The driver for the evening of the show was Eric, from Uganda, what a nice, fun filled chap. I so enjoyed kidding around with him. Just a delight. Across the street is a enormous mall, with the likes of Neiman Marcus,Macy's, Lord & Taylor, etc. Lots of varied restaurants to chose to dine. The hotel room was clean, bright. I would certainly stay again, if in the area.
I must say, don't care how fancy/attractive a hotel is, the STAFF makes the difference. I must thank: Asha (sweet & gentle), Dave (who really came to the rescue), Eric (lovely lad)_, and Peter who even helped me readjust my iphone. They made my stay so much fun. BTW, the rate is extremely reasonable.

Room Tip: Walls are a little thin, so can sometimes hear what neighbors are about. Select an upper room, for...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
MichaelSolarczyk, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It is always rewarding for our staff to see one of our guests taking the time to write a review and post in on the website. We are glad that we could assist you with your troubles while staying with us. Our team strives to provide an outstanding customer service experience that sets us above all. We thank you for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Milford, New Hampshire, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My son and I traveled to this hotel for an accepted student reception for the college he's planning to attend. The room was clean, bright, spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was also spotless and provided everything a guest could want. The hotel itself was also very clean and bright. The theme being "The Verve" it had a very 70's decor with a wall of lava lamps in the entryway, which brought a smile to our faces. It's close proximity to the Natick Mall was a plus. The free shuttle service provided anywhere within a 2-3 mile radius of the hotel was very convenient. Even though the Mall was just across the highway, it was much more convenient and pleasant to be driven there and dropped off. When we were ready to be picked up, we telephoned and the driver was at the curb before we were!! The only thing we would comment on that this hotel is lacking would be a game room or a pool. Because other than the exercise room, there's nothing whatsoever to do inside of the hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor and it was as quiet as can be.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your candidate feedback about your recent stay and we look forward to serve you in the future.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had a nice stay at this hotel. The rooms appear to be newer or newly updated. No complaints at all. It is close to the mall so if you are without a car, you can easily get to the mall. Driving around there is a bit confusing, but not too bad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MichaelSolarczyk, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your comments. The Verve Crowne Plaza Hotel has been recently renovated to provide fresh and clean look for our guests. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I have nothing negative to say...
The only thing that was unfortunate was when i went to eat breakfast at the little cafe and they told me I should have gotten a coupon and i didnt... However, the girl melinda took care of me..shes awesome! Sheri and Lilian were also awesome... Made everything happen :0)

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing your review. We are glad that our staff made your stay more enjoyable and we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. Thank you again and please consider us in your future travels.
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was at the hotel for an all day function which left me exhausted. By the time I got to my car I realized that I had left my lights on and my battery was drained. While a few folks staying at the hotel actually declined to help (stating her car was sick...?),Dave, one of the drivers for the hotel, was more than willing to help me jump my car. Even late at night, he had a great attitude, great service and a genuinely friendly guy. I tried to pay him for his help and he declined and simply stated "...I'm glad I could be of help..."

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
MichaelSolarczyk, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on one of our employees (Dave). We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the The Verve Crowne Plaza Hotel a leader in excellence.
Hasselt, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have to be in the Natick-Framingham area quite regularly on business. Previously, the hotels I used to stay at were the Sheraton in Framingham (very mediocre) & the Marriott in Westborough (OK, nothing special). The Crowne Plaza in Natick is sooo much better.
The biggest plus for the Crowne Plaza is the fact it's recently been completely renovated. Upon entering the lobby, it's immediately clear this hotel is leagues ahead of other hotels in the area. The rooms are big and modern, the restaurant has a nice selection and service is great - all in all this hotel is just a very pleasant place to stay. Furthermore, it's just across the street from the Natick Mall, which makes its location just perfect to mix business with some shopping.
There are a couple of details why I was a bit hesitant about awarding 5 stars: the hotel elevators kept playing up, the hotel wifi was free but slow and I had some trouble managing the room heating. These are small details though, overall I'd still recommend the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We truly appreciate our guest comments and concerns because it gives us a chance to address any issues in the future. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you rate us 5 stars. Thank you for your time and review, and we hope to serve you on your future trips.
amherst, ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were pretty comfortable at the Crowne Plaza, although getting there in the whirl of roads around the Natick Mall was no fun. There's a good restaurant with snacks and decent light fare (although slow service.) But the decor is awful: weird pottery plates stuck on the walls; yucky orange and brown color scheme; a herky-jerky randomness to the flow of space; strange '70's touches here and there that don't harmonize with anything else. Also-- omissions like no reading chair in the room, and almost nowhere to hang used towels. Time for re-decorating, folks! And do encourage the business girl who was all-too-obvious, hanging out near the elevators, to take her custom elsewhere.

Room Tip: get one above the third floor, and don't expect much from the bar
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MichaelSolarczyk, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your comments and suggestions are very important to us as we can use them to improve our service and future guest's satisfaction. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick? Share your experiences!