“Fantastic stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Natick
“Fantastic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights just after the snow storms. The hotel is well situated and all staff are friendly. We had a lovely room on Floor 4 which was serviced really well every day. We used the shuttle bus to West Natick station for a trip into the city which was excellent. I cannot rate this fantastic hotel highly enough. As a platinum card member, I stay in a lot of hotels and this is one of the better ones.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SteveContes, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Yes the blizzard of 2013 proved to be a very stimulating experience for all. I am pleased that the team of The Verve exceeded your expectations as this is our primary goal. We will anticipate your return and thank you for taking the time to review our property.

264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just back from a four night business trip stay here. The hotel is well-located but really do better. In the bedrooms, beds are large and comfortable but bathrooms are lacking a proper tub (so shallow they may as well stop pretending and replace with shower trays). I'd appreciate a warm towel rail too. My flush broke twice during my stay - it's a shame it wasn't fixed properly the first time around. But the biggest issue is the antiquated heating / aircon system - an enormous unit under the window which sounds like a jet engine on take off. The only options are high or low fan, but low isn't low at all. Result = disturbed night's sleep because of the noise. Some of my colleagues expressed same opinion. On reception, staff are friendly, but too quick to promise whatever is requested in "five minutes" or "right now" only for reality to be 20, often 30 minutes. This was the case for how long the shuttle would be, how long the maintenance man would be, and so on. When calling the shuttle for collection from a local restaurant and being told it would be a couple of minutes, we went outside to be ready, only to find ourselves waiting in the freezing cold for over 20 minutes. Rooms need a refurb and staff need to understand how to give accurate information.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time and share your experience. Great comments on providing accurate information as it relates to the timeliness of services being rendered. We will use this information to improve our process of delivering service for our future guests. Please consider us for future visits as we do strive to exceed our guest expectations.
Cozumel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Highly "trendy" but more like a bunch of trendy decorations thrown into a crowne plaza. Great room. Good staff. Acceptable restaurant. OK drinks. What really knocked it down for me is that I am a late night worker and snacker and there is no room service after 11pm, no nearby convenience stores, and if you ask they will let you into their cafe which has a sandwich but no real snacks (chips, candy bars, etc.). For you maybe this is stupid, to me its a big deal and a sign of not understanding the needs of your clients (this is literally the first hotel I have stayed at in 20 years with no access to "munchy" snacks - not even a vending machine). Normally, this would only be cause for a -1 rating, but what took down 2 notches was the Front Desk admission that it is a frequent complaint, which has been communicated to management, but which is not addresses... Now its not lack of understanding, its lack of responsiveness... Very peaved....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SteveContes, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Verve Crowne Plaza. I am pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our rooms, staff service, and recent renovations during your time in Natick. Our Emack & Bolio’s operates under limited hours throughout the day but is capable of servicing our guest needs outside of normal hours so to enjoy sandwiches, salads, snacks and beverages. I apologize that the offerings in our market place did not meet your needs and appreciate your feedback. We will explore increasing the varities of snacks available to our guests and thank you for your opinion.
North Adams, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just stayed overnight for my and my wives anniversary! Have to say this place was absolutely beautiful, everything is so new and modern and so "hip". The staff at the front desk and the restaurant and bar were all awesome. Melinda F&B manager made our stay so special she was very nice and accommodating! Had drinks in the Violet Thorn and loved the bar area. Had a delicious lunch and breakfast in the pantry and the food was outstanding! The Front Desk staff even had a bottle of wine and dessert amenity delivered to our room for our anniversary which was such a treat when we arrived back to our room after enjoying a few cocktails at the bar. Also the hotel was very very clean and the rooms are beautiful and very comfy beds! All though there was a huge snow storm that day and almost everything in the town was closed we really enjoyed hanging around the property of the hotel and relaxing. Thanks again to all of the staff and management for a wonderful stay! We cannot wait to come back!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy Anniversary – I am happy to hear that The Verve had a special part in making this occasion special. In light of the snowstorm, I am pleased that you were able to enjoy some of our on property facilities such as The Pantry Restaurant and the Violet Thorn Lounge. I will make sure to share your comments with the Kitchen and staff and hope look forward to accommodating you in the future!
Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel. I stayed there with my 6 year old daughter on an American Girl shopping trip that she got from her dad and me for Christmas. The room itself was well appointed, clean, quiet and had all the amenities we could want. This, in itself, is high praise from me. But to top things off, the Guest Service Manager, Peter Barry, and his staff made this a spectacular stay. Not only did they shuttle us as needed, to and from the mall, but since it was quiet the day we went shopping, Peter himself came to the mall to pick up our packages so we didn't have to carry them as we went. We only asked him to do this once, I should add!

When, after a long day of wandering the mall we returned to our room, we not only dicovered our packages set by the door (as he had promised) but also a special bed for my daughter's doll! This is apparently an "American Girl Package" perk (something I hadn't known they had), and when he realized we weren't on that package he gave my daughter the little bed and the sheets that came with it anyway. She was over the moon. Apparently you can only get this bed if you stay on one of these packages (according to an American Girl team member).

Anything we needed or asked about was promptly offered. They had advise about restaurants, ideas for age-appropriate fun and were so accomodating that I can't wait to go back.

Thank you Peter and all your team for a perfect stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments, I will share them with Peter; we boast a wonderful team who excel in ensuring that every stay is as memorable as it is seamless. The American Girl Store attracts guests from all across the country and, on occasion, the world. It is a unique and fulfilling twist on a lodging accommodation and I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful and enjoyable experience. Please consider The Verve upon your return to the area!
Binningen, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

It's true that the air conditioner/heater was quite loud, but the customer service more than made up for it. I was at the end of a long business trip, when I had a one-night stay in the hotel. In the midst of exhaustion, I left my tablet in my hotel room and left. The Reservation and Group Rooms Manager immediately contacted my company when the tablet was found, and they delivered the tablet to me right away, driving it out to the company headquarters. That kind of service is extremely rare I think. I found the hotel to be comfortable and stylish, but I will always recommend this hotel, because of it's service - what an incredible staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SteveContes, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your unique and positive experience! To complement our recent renovations and added flair, guest satisfaction is continuously our number one priority. We boast a wonderful team who are proud to be of service to our guests no matter how unique the situation. I am pleased to hear that your tablet was safely returned without any confusion and you were still able to experience a seamless stay. Thank you for choosing The Verve and please return soon!
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great hotel, stayed in November. Very cold in November so we took great advantage of the shuttle bus. The hotel is very trendy and had all you wanted. The breakfasts were very tasty. The bar was really dark but trendy..

Room Tip: Get the hotel shuttle to the bus station... Only $12 dollars to airport as opposed to $ 75 by taxi.