“Rebel without a cause or rhyme or reason” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Natick
Cozumel
“Rebel without a cause or rhyme or reason”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Highly "trendy" but more like a bunch of trendy decorations thrown into a crowne plaza. Great room. Good staff. Acceptable restaurant. OK drinks. What really knocked it down for me is that I am a late night worker and snacker and there is no room service after 11pm, no nearby convenience stores, and if you ask they will let you into their cafe which has a sandwich but no real snacks (chips, candy bars, etc.). For you maybe this is stupid, to me its a big deal and a sign of not understanding the needs of your clients (this is literally the first hotel I have stayed at in 20 years with no access to "munchy" snacks - not even a vending machine). Normally, this would only be cause for a -1 rating, but what took down 2 notches was the Front Desk admission that it is a frequent complaint, which has been communicated to management, but which is not addresses... Now its not lack of understanding, its lack of responsiveness... Very peaved....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SteveContes, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Verve Crowne Plaza. I am pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our rooms, staff service, and recent renovations during your time in Natick. Our Emack & Bolio’s operates under limited hours throughout the day but is capable of servicing our guest needs outside of normal hours so to enjoy sandwiches, salads, snacks and beverages. I apologize that the offerings in our market place did not meet your needs and appreciate your feedback. We will explore increasing the varities of snacks available to our guests and thank you for your opinion.

298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
North Adams, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just stayed overnight for my and my wives anniversary! Have to say this place was absolutely beautiful, everything is so new and modern and so "hip". The staff at the front desk and the restaurant and bar were all awesome. Melinda F&B manager made our stay so special she was very nice and accommodating! Had drinks in the Violet Thorn and loved the bar area. Had a delicious lunch and breakfast in the pantry and the food was outstanding! The Front Desk staff even had a bottle of wine and dessert amenity delivered to our room for our anniversary which was such a treat when we arrived back to our room after enjoying a few cocktails at the bar. Also the hotel was very very clean and the rooms are beautiful and very comfy beds! All though there was a huge snow storm that day and almost everything in the town was closed we really enjoyed hanging around the property of the hotel and relaxing. Thanks again to all of the staff and management for a wonderful stay! We cannot wait to come back!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy Anniversary – I am happy to hear that The Verve had a special part in making this occasion special. In light of the snowstorm, I am pleased that you were able to enjoy some of our on property facilities such as The Pantry Restaurant and the Violet Thorn Lounge. I will make sure to share your comments with the Kitchen and staff and hope look forward to accommodating you in the future!
Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel. I stayed there with my 6 year old daughter on an American Girl shopping trip that she got from her dad and me for Christmas. The room itself was well appointed, clean, quiet and had all the amenities we could want. This, in itself, is high praise from me. But to top things off, the Guest Service Manager, Peter Barry, and his staff made this a spectacular stay. Not only did they shuttle us as needed, to and from the mall, but since it was quiet the day we went shopping, Peter himself came to the mall to pick up our packages so we didn't have to carry them as we went. We only asked him to do this once, I should add!

When, after a long day of wandering the mall we returned to our room, we not only dicovered our packages set by the door (as he had promised) but also a special bed for my daughter's doll! This is apparently an "American Girl Package" perk (something I hadn't known they had), and when he realized we weren't on that package he gave my daughter the little bed and the sheets that came with it anyway. She was over the moon. Apparently you can only get this bed if you stay on one of these packages (according to an American Girl team member).

Anything we needed or asked about was promptly offered. They had advise about restaurants, ideas for age-appropriate fun and were so accomodating that I can't wait to go back.

Thank you Peter and all your team for a perfect stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments, I will share them with Peter; we boast a wonderful team who excel in ensuring that every stay is as memorable as it is seamless. The American Girl Store attracts guests from all across the country and, on occasion, the world. It is a unique and fulfilling twist on a lodging accommodation and I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful and enjoyable experience. Please consider The Verve upon your return to the area!
Binningen, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

It's true that the air conditioner/heater was quite loud, but the customer service more than made up for it. I was at the end of a long business trip, when I had a one-night stay in the hotel. In the midst of exhaustion, I left my tablet in my hotel room and left. The Reservation and Group Rooms Manager immediately contacted my company when the tablet was found, and they delivered the tablet to me right away, driving it out to the company headquarters. That kind of service is extremely rare I think. I found the hotel to be comfortable and stylish, but I will always recommend this hotel, because of it's service - what an incredible staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SteveContes, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your unique and positive experience! To complement our recent renovations and added flair, guest satisfaction is continuously our number one priority. We boast a wonderful team who are proud to be of service to our guests no matter how unique the situation. I am pleased to hear that your tablet was safely returned without any confusion and you were still able to experience a seamless stay. Thank you for choosing The Verve and please return soon!
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great hotel, stayed in November. Very cold in November so we took great advantage of the shuttle bus. The hotel is very trendy and had all you wanted. The breakfasts were very tasty. The bar was really dark but trendy..

Room Tip: Get the hotel shuttle to the bus station... Only $12 dollars to airport as opposed to $ 75 by taxi.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us in Natick. I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the many amenities our property has to offer. Our team is working diligently to provide our guests with a unique experience that is memorable for all the right reasons. Our shuttle service is valued by our team and guests for its accessibility to the local area as well as Boston; I am happy to hear that it was helpful during your stay. Here’s hoping that we are able to accommodate you in the future when the weather is warmer!
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The 2nd week of a 2 week trip I was based out of this hotel. It is clean and modern. Has great staff. Rooms are not large but are well laid out. Comfortable and clean with a nice bathroom and comfortable furniture. There is good on site parking. Staff are friendly and helpful. A good base. Has on site facilities but is also close to a retail park with restauarants, bars and shops all within walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms are not well sound proofed so rooms towards the back of the hotel are best, stay away from the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your review of The Verve. We appreciate your overall assessment of our hotel as the team takes customer service seriously and hope you will consider The Verve your base when in the area.
Pullman, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Because of the loud air conditioner fan couldn't sleep all night. Only the light above the sink worked in the restroom the main halogen light switch was broken. So, it was very dark. 2 out of three towels had holes in them. Except the hallway and lobby decors, I didn't find anything good about this hotel. I was in room 417, may be other rooms are newer and better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear AD4U,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the experience you had with your room accommodations. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details regarding your stay. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick? Share your experiences!