“Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Cross street: Speen Street
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful food in a great atmosphere! Has outdoor seating in nice weather. Staff are very good and able to hear conversation.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Memphis, Tennessee
“One of my favorite restaurants in Natick...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Love this place.
Food is always fresh and farm raised poultry and meats with innovative side dishes (truffle mac and cheese is delish!)
Amazing apps and fresh oysters.
Great desserts!
I always make time to have at least one dinner here.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, MA
“Always a good meal and a great drink!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We have dined at Sel de la Terre many times since moving to Framingham three years ago. I have never had a bad meal. Food is always very good and sometimes it is exceptional. I've enjoyed myself here so consistently, that I had my baby shower here two years ago, and it was perfect. Service was superb and food was fantastic. And I must say, the bartenders here make a great drink. Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are so good. We came in for dinner just a couple weeks ago and had the best time. Our server had excellent recommendations and the food was cooked perfectly. Definitely one of our "go to" restaurants in Framingham.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Food Great - Service Needs Help”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had been to this restaurant, next to Nordstroms at the Natick Collection Mall, for brunch last year. We Liked the food at that time but never went back because the service was not what you expect at these prices.
Our Natick friends found out that they have a special of raw oysters for $1 each, so we agreed to meet there on a Sunday evening around 5:30pm. The place was not crowded. We opted to sit in the lounge eating area. The first problem was there was no indication on the menu of the oyster special. Our waitress was unaware of it, went to check and then confirmed that yes we could have oysters for $1 each. They were very fresh and tasty, salty and cold. We ended-up ordering about 10 each. We also thought the accompanying Tanqueray martini's were perfectly mixed. Apparently distracted by the only other customer in the room, we had to interrupt the waitress a few times to ask for butter and condiments. We got the distinct feeling that she did not want to be there, waiting on us. Despite that, the Corn Bisque was excellent, and the tapas selections on the Bar menu $3 were amazing. I had crispy chicken wings, wife had smoked salmon crostini.
The tab for 4 (including 7 drinks, 2 bisques, 4 tapas, 40 oysters) was around $150. We all loved the food, the location is convenient, so we will probably come back again - if they keep up the $1 oysters. I would recommend that others call ahead to make sure the special is still in effect, and the times, as the online menu says the price is $2.75. Info on the web site is suspect: the chef's blog has not been updated since November of 2010.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dedham, MA
“Horrible food and service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I work at the Natick Mall and my coworker and I made the huge mistake of going to Sel De La Terre on our 1 hour lunch break on Saturday. It was not even busy so we figured we would be in and out and boy were we wrong. First off the waiter did not even know what the one special was without looking at a paper with it written down. My friend and I noticed behind us the manager was helping serve the table behind us because of our waiter. We both ordered a chicken sandwich that came with a pesto mayo, artichokes, and roasted red peppers. Not that hard to make.

A couple sat at the table across from us and had the same waiter. There food came out before ours and we had already been there for 15 minutes before they even sat down. Our waiter never came to check on us or to refill our drinks. We ended up waiting 40 minutes for our sandwiches without a sorry or anything from our horrible waiter. The sandwiches did not even taste good. There was no flavor in the "roasted chicken", the mayo had no pesto, and there were only 2 artichoke halves on my sandwich. I think I will save my money and time and never return to Sel De La Terre ever again. I was so mad at how the food can cost so much money and taste so bland plus the fact that the waiter forgot to put our order in and I know that is what he did because I have worked in restaurants before and it does not take that long to make a sandwich. When they first opened the food was excellent. So sad to see it go so downhill.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere