“Please, A Nice Strong Roast Would Be Better” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Speen Street
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Please, A Nice Strong Roast Would Be Better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I took my hubby there for brunch on Father's Day. We had the charucterie platter which was very very good e.g. duck liver pate, pork rillette, crostini and whole grain mustard etc. I had the eggs benedict. Great hollandaise sauce. He had the oxtail hash. It was also very good. We had to keep asking someone else for coffee since our waiter didn't check to see how we were doing. Speaking of the coffee, I wished it had been French roast or any dark roast. It was passable for coffee but not for a nice French restaurant. Also we were hoping for a nice special menu for Father's Day. Even though it was our first time, I would have preferred a special menu just for Father's Day.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

55% Recommend
Newton, Massachusetts
“Nice bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Fair prices for very good food. A nice break from the pace of the mall - but doesn't feel like a mall restaurant.

Visited March 2012
Sutton, Massachusetts
“Not So Posh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We visited Sel de la Terre Natick just recently – I will rate this restaurant, at least at this location as an “overall pretty average” – I will say the food was fairly testy and some nice flavors were present, however portions are very small, even the side orders were ridiculously puny. I ordered a glass of wine from their unimpressive “wine by the glass menu” which I paired with my meal (3-bites of halibut) – the waitress was in my opinion fairly inept – had an artificial and exaggerated laughter and she never brought the wine, I tried eating slowly – but she never showed up and zipped by every time– this should not be acceptable in a restaurant that claims such reputation – so I drank the water ; the crème-boule for dessert was very ordinary, at best. As far as the atmosphere at the Natick location – inexistent – the “atrium” room feels like a train station and the dining room is very small with the kitchen separated by a curtain, which was open, so one can see, hear, and feel the “guts” of the kitchen – on the other side is the mall hallway – I will not go back, no reason really.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Ontario
“Great for dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

This is a great restaurant in the Natick Mall. Nice menu selection and friendly staff. The seafood dish I had was very good. If you're in the area add it to your list.

Visited March 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I have to admit that this is my son's favorite restaurant. He's a super picky eater but loves the chicken and rosemary fries. We go there at least once a month (usually twice) and we try to get our favorite server (Katie).
Many of the servers have remembered my son's name and they also remember what we usually order. After a short chat to catch up on things, the server takes our order.
What's nice about this restaurant is that they will allow me to order from the kids menu (due to my food allergies) and they will let me make substitutions (sautéed spinach instead of fries.)
If you're at the Natick Mall/Collection, stop by Sel De La Terre for lunch (dinner is pricey.)

• Visited January 2012