“Good Food, Good Service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Speen Street
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I have to admit that this is my son's favorite restaurant. He's a super picky eater but loves the chicken and rosemary fries. We go there at least once a month (usually twice) and we try to get our favorite server (Katie).
Many of the servers have remembered my son's name and they also remember what we usually order. After a short chat to catch up on things, the server takes our order.
What's nice about this restaurant is that they will allow me to order from the kids menu (due to my food allergies) and they will let me make substitutions (sautéed spinach instead of fries.)
If you're at the Natick Mall/Collection, stop by Sel De La Terre for lunch (dinner is pricey.)

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Ce restaurant n'est pas assez francais. This restaurant is not french enough!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

The restaurant is nicely decorated and has a good ambiance. The service was good. Our waitress, Luciana, a Brazilian girl, was very nice and helpful.
We ordered the cheese plate, barley soup, salad, mussels, short ribs, trout and French wine.
The menu was limited.
The presentation was average at best. The condiments and seasonings were not French at all.
The flavor was just alright.
We have been at Sel De la Terre, Long Wharf and Back Bay. Those two sister restaurants have a richer menu and the food preparation is definitely French.
We will probably go to one of these two restaurants next time.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boston, MA
“One of my favs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

At the Natick Collection, excellent food, service and wine list. Don't be put off that it is in a mall, this isn't a typical mall or a typical restaurant. Try the soup, any kind, delicious!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our favorite place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband and I regularly frequent Sel de la Terre at the Natick Collection. It is hard to find better food and service. The staff take the time to get to know their customers and it has become a place "where everyone knows our name". The food is always fantastic. (Dolly, your kitchen is always on top of the game!) Whether we stop in for drinks and appetizers at the bar or for a nice dinner to celebrate a special occasion we have never been disappointed. It is a place we take friends, family and business associates because we know they will have a special and memorable experience. We strongly recommend checking out Sel de la Terre at Natick Collection if you have not already...it is sure to please! ~ M & L Riegelman

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Unicoi, TN
“Nice mall option. Not a destination.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

As non-big-chain mall restaurants go, this is a good option. I sometimes meet Metro West based friends there for a drink or dinner, or stop in while shopping. I've never had anything bad...but it's not particularly noteworthy. Most of my experinece has been in the bar area. There is both table and bar seating. As almost always, the bar service is highly dependent on the bartender. I've had fantastic service, and fairly surly service (like last night).

It's easy to get into, a nice contrast to Cheesecake factory...but that's also a bit of a commentary on the overall quality. I'll continue to go there for convenience, but your expectations should be appropriate.

• Visited November 2011