“Fantastic foods!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 112 Restaurants in Natick
MASS.
“Fantastic foods!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We make the trip a few times a year to Kelly's. The roast beef sandwiches are great, the onion rings are the best and the pint of clam chowder make this trio absolutely delicious. Now for the fried clams, yes they are the best in the area!! Lightly battered, always crispy and hot and served golden brown, now that I have reviewed them I will be off today to stop in here again as I made myself crazy just thinking about Kelly's!!!

Visited August 2012

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A GREAT Roast Beef Sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Who would expect a GREAT roast beef sandwich would be available in a little restaurant tucked into the front corner of a furniture store (Jordan's)? What a find! This is the way roast beef sandwiches are SUPPOSED to taste. YUMMY!!! If you're in the area, and want an exceptional sandwich, stop here. I ordered the large - definitely a meal. And they also have the neatest soft drink dispensing machine I have ever seen. Almost worth a stop by itself.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milford, Massachusetts
“Roast Beef sandwiches???”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very neat place that is attached to a monster furniture store that is like no other!!! After all I've heard about Kelly's we had to go. We all ordered the roast beef with bbq and horseradish, as that is what they recommend. I will say the flavor of the beef is great. But...it was very dry. Not enough sauce for my liking especially since the beef was so dry. I like my roast beef rare and this was med-well. Like I said though, the flavor was great, but I couldn't finish. Their onion rings are not to my liking. I love batter rings and these were a cornmeal like crumb. $33 for 3 sandwiches and 3 drinks(which they have a design you own soda Coke machine-like Five Guys!!)and small onion rings.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maryland
“Not the best of the lot”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Being born in Mass, and having quite a bit of family there, Kelly's has always been the place that I have to go to whenever I am in the Boston area. Usually I stay on the North Shore, so the Saugus and Danvers locations are where I will go. If I have time, I still prefer the Revere location seeing as the food seems better there than anywhere else.

I had business in Dorchester and stayed in Framingham, so I went to the Natick location. The clam plate was excellent, and the service was acceptable, but it was not like the North Shore locations.

On my way out of town the next morning, I stopped back at a little after 11 AM for a Roast Beef Sandwich and an order of onion rings. I was shocked to see that the parking lot was totally empty, and when I walked in, I was the only customer in the place. Apparently the management was having a staff meeting, and it took about 5 minutes for someone to come out to take my order.

The roast beef was not anywhere near what I would expect from Kelly's. It was overdone, and cold. The onion rings were OK, but most of them seemed to be overcooked too,

A trip to the Boston area is not complete for my family, unless there is at least one stop at Kelly's The Natick location does not live up to the service or food quality that I have come to expect from Kelly's

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Massachusetts
“Okay, but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

If you're shopping at Jordan's Furniture and need a bite to eat, Kelly's is convenient, but not a destination if you're not already there.

The roast beef sandwich is very average ... a lot of meat, but not as tasty as it could be ... the bun is pretty good though. The fish plate was also average, if that ... the fish was overcooked, tarter sauce too chunky, french fries average (at best) ... but the onion rings were fairly good (although not as many of them as the fries ... ask for all rings, no fries).

The atmosphere is probably okay for kids, but not great for adults ... very open, noisy, greasy, etc. They should also make more condiments available ... only ketchup, salt and pepper are available on counters ... you have to ask for others and they don't indicate what's available.

If you go ... go for lunch, not dinner!

• Visited April 2012