“A Decent Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Buffet
MD
“A Decent Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Been there a couple of times for the afternoon buffet and dinner. Food is average and not like the "Ahh..." type Indian food. Probably one of the few good Indian restaurants in the Natick Area. Atmosphere is kind of crowded at times and the food almost tastes the same (a bit blant) all the time. Lot of varieties available in the buffet and can say it is a decent restaurant to visit once in a while especially if you are shopping in the Natick Mall, but not something that you need to drive to, just for eating.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Decent food but ATROCIOUS service... I mean treating customers like Pigs...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

First of all... Let me give credit where it's due. The food was decent. Huge selection and tasty too.

Now... about the service:
The tall bald guy is a customer's nightmare. Whenever I visit Indian restaurants, my expectations for service are usually pretty low but this guy was still able to shock me in a big way. He treats customers as pigs... He has NO BUSINESS being in the restaurant industry what so ever.

Let me paint you a picture here:
The lunch buffet closes at 3pm. We walk in at 2:30, we're seated at 2:35, we place our drink orders and head for the buffet at 2:40pm.
2:50pm: The bald guy shows up at our table and hands us the check - it was okay with us, after all, it was pretty close to 3pm at that point.
2:55pm: He walks over to our table again and asks us if we put our money in yet. We were taken aback a little. No one ever asked us like that ever before but we oblige him and give him our credit card. He immediately rings it up and brings it back and says please sign.
3 pm: While we were still eating, we notice the TV being turned off, the AC being turned off, even some of the lights being turned off.
At this point the baldie comes back and says "have you signed it, we need it signed soon". At this point, we were really pissed. I sign the check and he takes it away immediately.
3:05pm: The messiah of customer service comes back and this time he says and believe you me these were his exact words: "We are closing. Please make it fast".

We were SPEECHLESS. I didn't know what "make it fast" meant. Does he want us to just cram food down our throats and choke to death ??? My wife n I are foodies. We eat out at least 6 times a week and we've been doing it for years now... And this was our absolute WORST restaurant experience.

This is my advice to you guys: You DO NOT deserve this kind of treatment. Please do not put your loved ones through such horrible experiences. You can do without Indian food. Hell, you can do without FOOD. period. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE PLACE.

If you really like Indian food, try one of these places instead:
Madras Grill in Chelmsford, MA or
Priya in Lowell, MA or
Kabob & Tandoor in Waltham, MA or
Meena's Kitchen in Nashua, NH

You may have to drive a bit farther but you will be glad you did.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Worst food, very bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011 via mobile

This is the worst restarent we have in MA. Every time we had food from this restarent in friends parties, the whole family suffer with motions. It's not only my family ,whoever have food on those parties have same problem. Also when
We spoke about this issue with mangement the way there response is very bad.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Grafton, Massachusetts
“Beyond my wildest dreams!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

The food was superb. We have eaten Indian food in many restaurants in Massachusetts and this was absolutely the best.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Framingham, MA
“Best Indian food in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

This place opened up a couple of years ago. My wife and I both love Indian food, so we gave it a try. The food is excellent and there is always a nice variety. Great selection of breads and desserts as well. We go once every couple months or so.

The only downside is that it is located in a very busy strip mall, so getting in and out can be a pain. If you go on the weekend, go early or late for lunch, as there tends to be a line out the door.

• Visited April 2011