“My favorite restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Maxwell's 148 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 112 Restaurants in Natick
Transit: Commuter Rail to Natick Center
Framingham, Massachusetts
“My favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I love Maxwell's! My wife and I got married here, we eat all our anniversary dinners here, we celebrate special events here, it is our spot! The food is always great and the service is always top notch. Out of the 10-15 times I have eaten here, I have NEVER had a bad meal. If I was going to recommend 1 thing here, it would be their bread pudding. If it is on the menu or a special of the day, get it! Their burger and fries is, also, top notch as well as their lobster gnocchi. Really, anything you get here will be good.

Wellesley, Massachusetts
“A fantastic meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We went to Maxwell's with good friends who had eaten there many times. The food was absolutely delicious and the service excellent. Each of the four of us ordered different entrees and we all agreed that it was one of the best meals we had had in a long time. The salmon with Asian vegetables was outstanding and cooked perfectly. The greens and goat cheese salad was delicious and the warm chocolate bread pudding dessert was amazing. Although the restaurant is nondescript from the outside, the interior is cozy, sophisticated and inviting. The tables are not on top of one another so there is good privacy. Will go back to Maxwell's again very soon!

Boston
“Good food, bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

When you drive up to the restaurant it doesn't look like much. The inside is decorated very nice. This is a costly restaurant. That being the case, I think we should have had much better service. It took 20 minutes just to place our drink order. Too long. The food is good not great. What I thought was crazy is that they have some drinks for $25 and an entree for $65!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing meal. You have to have the Bison”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I just keep thinking about the amazing Bison Steak I had Saturday night. Never have I had such a delicious piece of meat. We had a great celebration dinner complimented by a terrific bottle of wine. The pavlova is a MUST HAVE for dessert. Chef Mitchell has done it again. Fantastic!!!!!!!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Sadly a big overpriced disappointment, menu looks good but the food was awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Let me start by saying the positive things, the restaurant itself is quite nice, I cannot fault the establishment for the decor or atmosphere and our server was pleasant. The wine also was good. These are the only reasons I am giving a rating at all.

As for the food, Chef you absolutely need to either have a refresher course yourself or train your kitchen staff better. At the prices you charge and the atmosphere you are trying to achieve the food was seriously lacking. I don't claim to be an expert but I have dined at excellent restaurants (at a variety of price points) throughout Europe, New York and Boston, and sadly Maxwell's 148 does not come close to offering the quality of cuisine that one would expect at the prices that are charged.

We were a large party and not one of us had a dish that one could say was really good, in fact the contrary. The special of the evening, Rack of Lamb looked like 2 soggy breaded lamb chops thrown on a messy pile of very undercooked sliced potatoes that were so overly seasoned they were inedible. Rack of Lamb with Lyonnaise potatoes is supposed to be an elegant dish, not a mess on a plate. As for the fish dishes (Cod and Catch in the Bag), both were insipid in taste, the cod was overpowered by garlic and sitting in a soggy watery spinach broth that was tasteless (except for the bitter taste of undercooked garlic). When the Kobe Burger arrived, it was a plate of Orange, greesy overcooked fries, melted cheese over the burger and the orange burger bun -- very unappetizing looking. As for the Pasta with Duck dish, sounded lovely on the menu again looked like it was just slopped in a bowl. The duck was very dry as if cooked much earlier and left out, no succulent duck pieces that one would expect. You would get a better duck / noodle dish at your local Chinese restaurant. Everything that came to the table that was fried, some of our appetizers and and the fried wantons, were over fried and very greasy -- and to be honest did not taste very good. When fusion cuisine is done properly it can be amazing..........sadly, Maxwell's falls short. When the chef came to our table he hovered for a few mere seconds not really wanting a response to his quick inquiry it everything was alright -- and off he went.

Not sure what is going wrong here, but I suggest you re-group and get your act together and educate yourself on refining your dishes and cooking methods; and please work on your presentation, it too was seriously lacking. Also your host is quite somber, some pleasantries when entering and leaving the restaurant would not go amiss. All in all very disappointing!

• Visited November 2012