“Excellent food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Maxwell's 148 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 112 restaurants in Natick
Cuisines: American, Asian, Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Brigham Court
Transit: Commuter Rail to Natick Center
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I would give this restaurant five stars if they werent so pricey. Normally I dont go to expensive restaurants but since there was a groupon, I thought I would try it.

Wow, it was an incredible meal! I went with my girlfriend. We had a great pinot noir. For appetizer, I ordered foie gras. The waiter warned me that the foie gras was more like a pate and not the normal foie gras I was expecting. I was disappointed to hear that but ordered it anyways. It was absolutely delicious. I am salivating now just thinking of how good it was. Flavorful and great texture.

For the entree, I ordered the filet mignon. It absolutely melted in my mouth. The mousse dessert was delicious too. Basically everything was yummy, including the wine.

Even my girlfriend said "Wow, that was a really good meal." I agreed. We havent experienced such a good meal in a long time.

Too bad it is pricey to eat there; otherwise, i would go there more often. Or if there was another groupon offer, I would definitely go back.

The only thing I would comment on negatively is the fact that the waiter interrupted too many times during our meal. I couldnt have a decent conversation with my girlfriend without him interrupting us constantly. I was getting a little annoyed with that. But the service was very good otherwise. The cook actually came up to us and asked us how the food was which was a nice touch.

I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Excellent Gnocchi with lobster”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were a party of 4. We had beer and the black fig martini. It was good. Two of us had the lobster gnocchi. It was so delicious. My hubby had the catch in the bag which was flounder that evening. We were all surprised at the big knife that was brought to the table for him. The dish wasn't that big though. Another person had the special scallop dish which he enjoyed immensely. We had lemon cheese cake and the chocolate express cake which were both divine.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Westborough, Massachusetts
“Good ambiance but will not come back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Decor and ambiance were nice. Server was friendly and polite but service was slow, every step took forever except the entree that came right on top of the bread, food was not memorable.

It looked to us that it was a place for regulars, not for new customers. The servers seemed to spend too much time with those customers that were obviously regulars which meant that the service was very intermittent. Even chef was seeing spending a fair amount of time talking to regulars on several trips out of the kitchen but was walking away by the end of the question to us on how the food was.

Wine list is long but be prepared to pay minimum $40 for a bottle of wine. We asked for a Spanish white @$34 that was came back as not available. We were recommended a bottle for $40 that was just Ok and given that the wine we requested was out of stock and the process to get to serve the wine took so long, we expected some consideration on the price @34 for the original bottle requested.

This is a place that when we came in we expected to be coming back, based on the ambiance. Unfortunately based on the food and service we do expect to be returning.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Overpriced, Poor tasteless food, Still hungry after meal.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

There are definitely better restaurants in the area, particularly Wellesley! Your overpriced restaurant simply can't measure up.

The food selection, mostly pasta, is twice as much as they should be and to add meat is another arm and a leg.

Bottled water at $8? Where does this stuff come from? And the $20 cocktail menu is highway robbery!

Catch in a Bag simply aweful! Hardly any fish and the goop inside the overcooked "bag" we just couldn't figure out. The wait staff was really pleasant but way over the top for the suburbs.

I doubt if this place will stay around much longer.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Good food, service and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Really liked the dining experience here. Not as much as Asian/Italian fusion rather than a combined menu that have a good selection of both. Sure, its not as cheap as....say, Applebees, but the food is worth the asking price. Expect to pay around $70+ for a meal, but without the need to go into Boston and all the headache that comes with it.

• 4 of 5 stars Food