“My Favorite Sushi Restaurant in the Area” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Framingham
“My Favorite Sushi Restaurant in the Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

A friend and I meet here for a lunch a couple of times a month. We always enjoy sushi, and occasionally one of the other lunch specials.

The service for lunch is prompt, and professional, however; I have never eaten dinner here.

It's a tad pricy, but the food is excellent. Compared to some of the other places I have been in Metrowest, it is the best sushi. I also like Minado in Natick (it's all you can eat sushi, that's like being in heaven!), Ichiban in Ashland and Samba in Framingham were very good too.

I like the quieter atmosphere in Oga's - it's relaxing.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hudson, Massachusetts
“Good sushi, expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Not the best sushi in Boston as many have claimed, but good nonetheless. Rolls are big and rice is fresh. Pricey. Hohum service. Clean restaurant. I had a roll that had tuna (cooked), crab, eggs and spicey mayo. It was a huge roll, but there was something unappetizing about the texture and tuna flavor. Rainbow roll was skimpy. Tempura batter, one of my pet peeves, was actually good, thus the crab tempura was good. We had the duck appetizer which had 4 pancake quarters, duck slicess, plum sauce was ok. Manager was on site, polite. I neither told them I'm a blogger not commented on input from sites such as yelp, and I'm sure he noticed we aren't regulars. Good sushi, pricey.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Sushi Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

We sat at the Sushi bar. Overall great service and high quality food and presentation. My only criticism is that the sushi pieces looked smaller than what you'd expect in a top Sushi restaurant. Will certainly go again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa, Canada
“Fresh and innovative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Was not sure what to expect since I am not at all familiar with Natick and the resto is in a plaza. That said, the food and service were both fabulous. We eat sushi a lot and this was some of the best we've had -- the spicy tuna roll was delightful. I don't eat tempura but my companions told me it was the best they had ever had. Service was prompt and efficient and very helpful. I had read the reviews suggesting it was bit pricey but did not find that was the case at all.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Consistently Great Food, Service, and Attention to Detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I visited this place on our adventures in finding good restaurants in Metrowest and we were pleasantly surprised. We visit this restaurant an average of once a month now, and we always get delicious, fresh, authentic Japanese food with excellent service and great attention to detail in the way dishes are prepared and presented. The prices are a bit high for this area, but similar to what you'd find in Boston and worth it for the consistently great food and service.

Getting there can be tricky if you're not familiar with the area. They are located on the westbound side of Route 9, so if you're coming from the east, get ready to turn into the parking lot just after the exit for Route 27. If you miss the entrance, you'll have to go quite a bit out of your way to get back there again! Coming from the west, you'll have to make your way around Route 27 to get yourself to the other side of Route 9, so if you feel like you're driving in circles, don't be alarmed!

• Visited June 2012