“Excellent food, service on the slow side” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 113 restaurants in Natick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 9
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent food, service on the slow side”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

As other reviewers mentioned, the Pantry is not well known, as it's in the Verve (Crown Plaza) Hotel. The decor is fairly contemporary, with clean lines, but the constantly running silent loop of food shows - including the French Chef with Julia Child - are a bit distracting.
It took me a while from the time I ordered my drink until I received it. The Violet Thorn is one of their signature drinks, and was excellent. We had the baked oysters, which were fresh and wonderfully prepared. The mussels were excellent as well. We also each ordered salads, and they were fresh, tasty and filling. Mine had orange, pistachio, and some fried goat cheese as garnish.
The Pantry is a refreshing change from all the chain restaurants along route 9. The only drawback is that they had one wait person for the restaurant, and she was gracious but very apologetic for the delays.

• Visited September 2012

67% Recommend
Boston, MA
“Great date night find.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We decided to give the new restaurant in the Crowne Plaza a shot. We had tickets to a movie down the street and wanted to go someplace local where the food and drinks would be as good as driving into Boston. This restaurant was very good. My husbands steak was cooked perfectly. I had the scallop dish. Scallops were beautiful. The sauce was a little too sweet for my taste, but overall, still a nice entree. We got a fancy banana split for dessert and it was amazing! Drinks were solid and service was attentitive. The only downside is it was empty at 6pm on Friday, so it felt a little bizarre being the only diners there. That said, we will definitely be back. It was reasonably priced for a nice dinner out, and there are only so many restaurants in this area that serve a more sophisticated menu. Great place for a date night. I hope word gets out about this place because I'd like it/executive chef to stick around!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, MA
“Hidden Gem of Natick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

My husband is very quick to buy online deals. I was skeptical of trying a hotel restaurant that doesn't have many reviews, but was pleasantly surprised from the moment I entered The Verve hotel. The restaurant was quiet, so we got exceptional service from both the waitstaff and manager. They offer free wine tasting before choosing a glass to compliment your meal, which is always fun and the manager graciously brought out two house cocktails for us to try, since I couldn't make up my mind. They were both amazing!!! Kudos to the mixologist-purified aloe water, lemongrass, and Belvedere-great combo! We started out with a tasty calamari with fried jalepeno rings and the salmon and fra diavalo entrees were a home run! We ended the night with a refreshing raspberry sorbet that was surprisingly better than expected. Overall, we had a great dinner at a quiet, clean, and fresh new restaurant. There aren't that many unique eateries in the Metrowest area, but The Pantry is definitely worth trying!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wayland, Massachusetts
“Great food in a shocking location - its at the Crowne Plaza hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

The seafood fra diavolo was spicy and delish, pasta linguini was cooked perfect. The manager Paolo took great care of us and my 5 year old, she loved her custom made Luau drink and ice creal sundae!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
DE
“Friendly service and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

Kudos to Pantry! a fantastic pasta dinner for us Boston Marathoners! We really appreciated the convenience and especially the great food! We also had a wonderful experience at breakfast here. There is no need to go outside this hotel for good food!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere