“Great ambience, amazing service and superb taste” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great ambience, amazing service and superb taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

It was a great restaurant with good portions to eat, nice ambiance and excellent service.

We went there more than 3 times with a groupon and my husband is very generous in leaving tips here.

Our favorite is street style lobster. Though it is seasonal, the taste is exceptional (mouth-watering as I type)

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Massachusetts
“Not quite up to par”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We've always enjoyed our meals here, but not this time...
Our server appeared to be new and the service, start to finish, was quite slow. At one point she did come over to let us know that the sushi kitchen was backed up. The owner (or manager) was observing her as she took almost 5 minutes to open a wine bottle at the next table and did not make eye contact with me as I tried to get his attention.

The appetizers, shu mai and peking ravioli, came out piping hot and were delicious.
The sushi, however, was a different story. Our Scorpion Maki had tasty shrimp tempura inside, but the shrimp on top was limp and "off" tasting. Our other roll, the Dynamite Maki, included Spicy Yellowtail that definitely was not fresh.
There was a pervasive smell from the hot pot tables that clung to our clothes as we left.
And, we left with a bad taste in our mouths and the quick need for a Pepcid.
Not sure we will return...

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“super fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

the food here is always super fresh. they make great soups, great sushi combos , the sake don is a great value if you like sashimi,and the hot food has never disappointed either. great pat Thai they are happy to help with the menu if you don't know what the dishes are. they even have a video as you come in the door showing you all the different things on the menu. the prices are very reasonable. I love to go to lunch or dinner here!!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, Massachusetts
“Consistently good sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of our favorite sushi restaurants in greater Boston. We've been there about 5-6 times and it's always quite good. We've never tried the hot pot though it seems very popular.

We always get the Siu Mai as an appetizer and it's outstanding. For sushi, my husband loves the volcano maki and I really like the Ahi Idaho maki.

Visited September 2013
Boston
“Just not the same since Sang left”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

For almost 1/2 yeras, I considered Ten-Ichi heaven and earth for eclectic sushi and I no longer had to drive to Boston! Once Sang left, it went to boring basic not so fresh fish. Sang would go to the fish market and hand pick the fish and make such creative servings, entertaining all of us Sushi fanatics. I miss him and going to miss Ten-Ichi so much, but the last time I went (giving it a chance after Sang and his team left), I was so grossly disappointed all around, I will never go back. My 4 star (2012) has gone down to 2. If you look at all their 4 star rating all but three were in 2012 and later. Kind of shows the sadness that is happening there. Too bad, but I guess nothing is forever.

• Visited June 2013